5th gen b16 swap Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lostmenoggin

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to hondas (I mostly work on Nissans) and have a couple of questions about a swap that is playing around in my head.

I have a 1999 Civic SI. The body is pretty much fubar'd however there are lots of good parts on the car and it runs great. I am interested in swapping the motor from 1999 into a 1992 Civic SI. I am curious as to what I would need to swap the motor and what kind of wiring job it would require. I am also wondering if the interior from the 99 will swap in a 92 and if the coilovers on the 99 can go on the 92. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Search for B16 into EG. At the least, you are going to need mounts, linkage, and a whole slew of other parts.

As for suspension, I believe that 92-2000 was interchangeable, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone else has more knowledge about it.

it will drop right in and wire right up all you will have to do is change the motor to obd1 or buy a 80 dollar jumper harness for your car and convert it to obd2b and mounts and shift linkage as far as the interior.i think the seats are slightly different but dont quote me on that. and the springs will go right on no problems

Back