1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5th Gen Civic ...zc?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by steve9927, Jan 5, 2003.

1. steve9927

steve9927 Junior Member

does any one know if the wat i would have to do to get a ZC in my 5g civic????...please help please!!!

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

will it fit, yes
    Will it run, not unless you throw it off a cliff, it will acclerate at 9.81 m/s^2

The zc is obd0 your car is obd1. It is illegal for starters (cant put an older engine in the car) and you would have a wiring nightmare. Instead looks at the b16asirII or any other bseries of that generation. If you are on the cheaper route, look at the d16z6 (very poor mans swap) or the LS (much much much much much much much much better than the z6 swap)

3. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

Or, if you have the d15 bottom end in good condition. Do a mini-me. Look in the article section, Chet did a nice write up on one for a crx, its basically the same. Also, see search at the top? Type in Mini-Me and see if anything comes up (might not b/c a lot of the posts were lost during upgrading).

4. djextremity

djextremity Senior Member

Everything these guys said. It's not worth the hassle of downgrading from OBD1 to OBD0, and for the price spent, you could make more power with a mini-me or a Z6 swap with VTEC and boltons.

5. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

These guys must be me since only one other post... uhh read mine next time y0! it says do a mini-me!

6. djextremity

djextremity Senior Member

Eh...these guys means you and asmallsol. I was trying to figure out what you were saying with your post, but I don't know what the hell you're talking about! :ph34r: When did I disagree with you?

7. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

you didnt disagree :) nah.. i was saying if he has a d15, just go mini-me instead of trying to get a zc into his car. i was telling him to search for it b/c it has been explained a million times, but then i also said nothing might show up b/c of all the lost posts lately.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted