5th gen civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I put a 94 d16z6 into a 93 base model sedan, the engine wouldn't run properly with the 1.6L throttle body, it ran good witht the 1.5L TB because it doesn't have the map sensor on the TB i used the map sensor on the body of the engine bay. any ways u need to use th e1.6L TB When u wire vtec but the the car idles really funny and throws map sensor codes , and I discouved the car was missing three wires outta the same plug I wire wired the vtec wires into. The colour of the wires it was missing was blue/green which runs to pin D21 SG1 and pink/white pin D17 Map and yellow/green Vcc1 pin d19. Because every other civic I looked at has these wires, but this car doesn't. Unless are the sedans wiring harnesses different, because I found these wires coming outta the ecu but led no where to the engine bay.

why don't you continue to use the MAP sensor on the engine bay, and not connect the new map sensor. I have done this a couple of times, and it works fine.

As for the wires. There are pinouts on this site. Run each wire, one by one to the ECU. If the car was non-VTEC before, the ECU harness will not have wires there. Clear up the MAP code, then wire the VTEC. Start with what you know.

Back