5th gen hatch question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I know alot of people with 5th gen hatches and i ask them this question and they dont even know so i know i can come to you guys (and ladies) for help. On my spoiler is the third brake light and it doesnt work. I pryed the panel below the light out but still cant change the bulb. I am thinking you have to take off the spoiler to do it. Any ideas? And thanks in advance.

you have to probably take off the spoiler, but first check your fuses, do the basics of diagnostics first. you'll save more time and get the pain off your ass.

Oh i have checked everything. It works if i hit it. Like i hit it in rage yesterday because i was frustrated and it worked for a second. So i am thinking the bulb is not all the way in the socket or i have a short in the wire. I just dont really know. I m thinking i have to take off the spoiler like you said. But how? It is not as straight foward as i planned. And thanks for the fast reply.

there are bolts under it, you have to lift up your rear window to display it, rather easy, 15 minutes the most to take it off, i did it once installing my spoon spoiler.

Back