6.5" Mid bass vs. 8" subwoofer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I'm really looking for someone with experience, but I need something for the rear and I can't decide between running two CDT M6+ 6.5" mid-bass or a single 8" subwoofer like an ID8.

I'm not worried about being loud, I want something that's accurate...clean, through a wide range. Up front, I want to run CDT 2-way compenentsl: M6(not the M6+, which is a little different) and ES-01 tweeters with their Upstage system. The MD6+ get down to about 10hz btw.

Which would be a better combination with those components?

i dont get it. choosing a sub or a 6.5 midbass?

with the 6.5 you get midbass and sound. with the 8'' you get nothing but bass.

i vote 6.5

Yeah, I've decide on a 6.5(specifically Peerless SLS). I forgot about the JL subwoofer I had in the closet so if I need a sub, already got one.

what the heck is wrong with you? you leave a JL subwoofer and foreget about it? :eek:

you sir have no shame. :lol:

I know its not a big deal but people cant hear 10hz so if it costs more for the speakers that go that low then dont waste your money on them. With perfect hearing people hear from 20hz-20khz, the average person probably really only hears 25hz-16khz because over time we loose low and high end frequencies. I do however agree that if you are not looking for loud then go with the 6.5s (better freq coverage then the 8).

Yeah; I'm running a 3-way active system with 3kHz HPF to the tweeters, 200Hz-3kHz to the mids, and everything lower to the rears; really just aiming for 40Hz-200Hz for the rears.

If your on a budget, then get the 6.5's.. You can find some top of the line 6.5's that sound great and give out decent bass. But if money isn't the problem then a sub would be good if you want a real bast boost. Also depends on what your trying to hear.

Back