6 cylander civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ritt413

probably a stupid question to ask but is it possible to swap a 6 cylander honda or acura motor into a 97 civic? ive seen the accord 4 cyl swapped into a civic, whats the difference between that and a 6 cyl? motor mounts, crank direction, space?

is the horsepower - weight ratio not justifying the swap?

if it is possible and with good results, how much money am i looking at for the swap or can i do it myself? ive installed a b18c1 in a sol

what horsepower range does a 6 cyl honda motor put out?

whats better? b18c5 or 6 cyl in my civic?

ITR motor is a 110% better choice for your 97 civic. I am sure you could cram a V6 Legend motor into a civic, but um, why? It would cost a SHITLOAD, and the power would not be anything substanially more than you could acheive from a ITR, or even a LS motor, for what you'd be spending getting the V6 in there.

Originally posted by ritt413@Sep 29 2003, 05:14 AM
probably a stupid question to ask but is it possible to swap a 6 cylander honda or acura motor into a 97 civic? ive seen the accord 4 cyl swapped into a civic, whats the difference between that and a 6 cyl? motor mounts, crank direction, space?

is the horsepower - weight ratio not justifying the swap?

if it is possible and with good results, how much money am i looking at for the swap or can i do it myself? ive installed a b18c1 in a sol

what horsepower range does a 6 cyl honda motor put out?

whats better? b18c5 or 6 cyl in my civic?

you could possibly spell cylinder correctly? If im not mistaken the Legend's engine is not mounted as civic or integra's engine... in other words it mounts like a V8...

And a rule of thumb, anything is possible, with enough modification and money anything can be achieved, so stop asking if something is possible

86 the novel idea of a v6, if you want a v6 save up for a nsx or get a domestic car.

Stick with the B series as a good starting point.

Put it like this...how many B series kill V6's....MANYYYYY and this is 95% of the time....so I think B series would be perfect. I have seen b16's take on mustangs 5.0..imaging what a b18c5 would do to a v6. With the money you'll spend fitting a v6 in a civic you can build your b18c5... :p ...i mean thats how i see it...don't mean to discourage you but if you want to spend money at least do it for the honda fans and spend it the right way (less headaches for yourself)...cause then you'll be asking questions here everytime... :D

Originally posted by RIT Civic@Oct 4 2003, 10:02 AM
Put it like this...how many B series kill V6's....MANYYYYY and this is 95% of the time....so I think B series would be perfect. I have seen b16's take on mustangs 5.0..imaging what a b18c5 would do to a v6. With the money you'll spend fitting a v6 in a civic you can build your b18c5... :p ...i mean thats how i see it...don't mean to discourage you but if you want to spend money at least do it for the honda fans and spend it the right way (less headaches for yourself)...cause then you'll be asking questions here everytime... :D

if i could play devil's advocate for a second...

how many D series kill v6's?

ALOT.

if all you are worried about is killing v6's, then save ur money and build up ur "d" series engine, or swap in a y8.

save the B series for the v8's (not that a highly modded y8 cant take out a v8 either)

I wanna put a QX45Zr2C5 in my civac y0! Can j00!1!! helped? me!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 4 2003, 10:25 AM
I wanna put a QX45Zr2C5 in my civac y0! Can j00!1!! helped? me!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ROUGHLY WHAT THE 1/4 TIME OF THE QX45Zr2C5 ENGINE IN MY CIVIC WOULD BE?

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 4 2003, 10:11 AM
save the B series for the v8's (not that a highly modded y8 cant take out a v8 either)

Nah, my D16 will be out there murdering the V8s too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 29 2003, 12:00 PM
you could possibly spell cylinder correctly? If im not mistaken the Legend's engine is not mounted as civic or integra's engine... in other words it mounts like a V8...

Wait, how exactly does a V-8 mount? If you mean for RWD, then no. Legends are FWD.

Since no one else is being helpfull......

The V6 mounts backward to the 4cyl. Tranny on the drivers side and engine on the passenger side. I sure it can be done - just depends on your funds and your patience/determination. Also a welder would come in real handy ;)

Acura TL type-s puts out about 270hp and comes with a 6sp :nudge,nudge:
:D
Hope this helps a little.

If you want to go ahead and spend all that money on just an engine swap, go ahead, it is more than possible. But doing that kind of swap, I say you are looking at a good $10,000 plus. Probably more than that, because a new ITR into a new SI, will cost about $10,000 to have somebody else to do it. The engine is just $8,000 JDM. So if you have somebody else do it, you're looking at spending around $15,000 At that rate just buy a new V6 Accord.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 5 2003, 03:55 AM
If you want to go ahead and spend all that money on just an engine swap, go ahead, it is more than possible. But doing that kind of swap, I say you are looking at a good $10,000 plus. Probably more than that, because a new ITR into a new SI, will cost about $10,000 to have somebody else to do it. The engine is just $8,000 JDM. So if you have somebody else do it, you're looking at spending around $15,000 At that rate just buy a new V6 Accord.

Please let us know where you shop, as the most I have seen ITR motors go for is just under $5000, unless you mean brand new from Honda.

I am talking about the K20 in the ITR, a JDM engine is $8,000. Motor mounts and everything come with.

Back