6 cylinder swap in a 95 4 cylinder accord. Will it be hard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec25

Well i got a wrecked/parts 6 cylinder 95 that i want to drop in my mint 95 4 cylinder accord both are auto and would like to know if anyone has done this? And what problems i might encounter? to my knowledge it should a simple swap but i could be wrong. i've only done civic swaps before.

Any advice/opinion/and or help would be very appriciated.

Thankx

yeah, fabbing mounts for that V6 is gonna be a bitch. youd be better off to get the H22.

Its a very smooth operating motor, and obviously more powerful than the four cylinder, but the power difference wont justify all the work needed to get it to work. I think you will be satisfied with a H22

the fab work would suck, and your suspension would have to be changed.

It can be done, but none of us have money to burn, so we turbocharge H22's for less money.

the front ends on v6 accords are longer than on the 4 cylidners. iirc. i think this may only be pertinent to the 98+ accords.

I don't know, could be. Either way, I've shoehorned a few motors in where they shouldn't have been. More than likely, some cutting, welding, and relocation of parts would need to happen.

Not my bag for an Accord, not when there are so many more options to make great power. I'd buy a V6 accord before I'd swap one in.

Back