6 Excellent reasons on why not to paint your car red....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmmm my drive back from VAg Beach, me, a tsx and a older impala (rwd v8 4 door huge boat of a car) were cruising up the turnpike and parkway.... saw a c6 z06, very nice. but i didnt see a single cop.. weird. im talkin from the very bottom of nj to the very top.

Turnpike? GSP?

I rarely use either, I haven't been pulled over on either of those ever/

Quoted post[/post]]
Turnpike? GSP?

I rarely use either, I haven't been pulled over on either of those ever/
yea i dont think i have ever seen a cop on the turnpike. and the GSP below the trooper station, at like mile 83 i think, is pretty much copless too. too bad i only use the GSP from exit 82 to exit 160 were there are cops.

come too think of it though i havent been pulled over on either too. i think ive only been pulled over on local roads, where ever that local road may be.

Quoted post[/post]]
COPS DO NOT HAVE A QUOTA!!! Where do people get this crap!?!?!?
my friend's dad is a cop. they have quotas, at least in my town.

I had the same year same colored Audi A4 but mine was slamed to the ground trucking the wheels with a RS4 body kit.

Then I have the 350Z with ricer exhaust and 19" wheels in redline red.

Then I have the Civic LX that is also red. well a dark dark red....

anyways, point being.

ZERO TICKETS.

When I had my black civic I was pulled over many times for stupid things. I have a good 10 or so tickets/warnings due to my BLACK civic.

half of them were for my front tag either being not there or not installed right (window or bent up under the car)

I had a few other random BS tickets but they were all 100% becuase of me modding the car.

BTW if you're in maryland as passanger in a car without a seatbelt the driver can get pulled over, then the officer goes up to the passangers window and issue the PASSANGER a ticket WITH POINTS. for not having it on.

Tickets to you are like babies.

I've never gotten a ticket for modding my cars, well I got a warning for tinting my windows too dark once.

Point being, from the change from green to red, I got pulled over 10X as much.

We'll see how the gray works out.

i used to have a red CRX si.. i got pulled over quite a bit, but usually for driving like a dumb ass.. let me off with a warning everytime except once

Quoted post[/post]]
I've never gotten a ticket for modding my cars, well I got a warning for tinting my windows too dark once.

Point being, from the change from green to red, I got pulled over 10X as much.

We'll see how the gray works out.
I think going form green to red somethign else changed may it be luck or maybe you're driving like an asshat? Im not sure.

anddddd 2 of your tickets were from MODDING your front tag. why aggain was it in the window? thats $55.00 in MD right there.

the rest were from you being a dumb ass.

get in a 1995 Toyota Camery and run a stop sign or drive in front of a officer with no seat belt. or just drive around with no front tag. see what happens. When I went on those ride alongs with the county police one of the guys I was with would pull over ANYONE that didnt have a front tag. he would also run temp tags left and right since people modify them.

I hate hearing poeple bitch about how it's becuase of "insert reason here" that I was pulled over for breaking the law. bottom line YOU BROKE THE LAW!

Put your front tag back on the car. stop running stop signs, wear your seatbelt and stop bitching about shit.

Let me spell this out...

Roxbury, I travel through it practically everyday on the way to my college.

Its Route-46 to Route-10 to get to my school, both of which run through roxbury. I do 65mph in a 50mph zone infront of the police station at the bottom of the hill. On the top of the hill to my school, I along with everyone else do atleast 65mph in a 50mph zone. I've done probably 90mph through there and I consistently do 70-80mph.

You think I've been pulled over once? No.

You think I have a carbon fiber hood and a big ass hood scoop on my car, along with a 3inch exhaust canister on the back of my WRX? If that doesn't make me more likely to get pulled over, I don't know what does.

Oh, yes I do. Its speeding around in an area you're not familiar with. I know where the police patrol, I know how many of them are on patrol. I know that the flow of traffic is usually atleast 60mph when stoplights aren't screwing up the flow. I know no police officer in his right mind is going to pull me over in the middle of traffic for going with the flow of traffic or slightly faster - he's not going to be able to pull out into the traffic and even if he could it would cause such a traffic jam that he wouldn't do so unless I was a flagrant asshole.

When I speed through the area tomorrow and don't get a ticket, I'll let you know. My friend goes through the area faster than me and hasn't been pulled over, about 14,000 people go through the area at those kinds of speeds daily and thats just for the college - add in commuters to local businesses and NYC and you probably easily have 30,000+ people flowing through there daily.

Its not the car, its you.

You have to believe that the officer is going to run your plate before he pulls you over, you have XXXXXXX strikes against you already. When he sees this, he's not going to cut you a break because he figures that you are an asshole and someone else has already cut you a break but you've already managed to fuck up XXXXXXXXXX times.

Quoted post[/post]]
jersey sucks with cops. i seriously have been pulled over 35+ times. i only have 4 real tickets though. 2 no documents, 1 wreckless that got dropped, and 1 seatbelt (+ 10 parking tickets). ussually its because im driving a suspicious car at suspicious times. ussually i get pulled over, they see im not drunk and that i know far too many cops. most are cool and let me go, 3 were dicks. i never get bullshit tickets really because i know so many cops though and they know i will just get them dropped.

You drive a modded car through the city and downtown areas. You're going to get roughed up.

He drives an Audi through the 3rd richest county in the nation and you think anyone is going to bat an eyelash at him for driving a *RED* audi. Hahahaha. It wasn't the car or the color of the car he was driving, if anything, that would help him with his status. My girlfriend's dad gets pulled over on his way home from work constantly because he drives a '03 Mustang GT through a ritzy neighborhood in Mendham - with a BMW or Audi he'd fit right in.

My driving habits haven't changed. I just was getting pulled over more with the brighter color. I have a bit of a lead foot, I can admit it but I actually drove faster when it was green.

PA doesn't have a front plate, it has one rear plate and it was in my rear window...no point in arguing on this one.

Sorry New2. My car isn't registered or insured in my name, it's under one of my family's good friends' name and his record is completely clean.

I was on 80 when I got pulled over in "Roxbury"

Quoted post[/post]]
My driving habits haven't changed. I just was getting pulled over more with the brighter color. I have a bit of a lead foot, I can admit it but I actually drove faster when it was green.

PA doesn't have a front plate, it has one rear plate and it was in my rear window...no point in arguing on this one.

Sorry New2. My car isn't registered or insured in my name, it's under one of my family's good friends' name and his record is completely clean.

I was on 80 when I got pulled over in "Roxbury"

Even better, myself and my two friends just came back that way and he was doing 95mph in a Pathfinder. Whenever I drive on 80, I drive between 80-100mph and have never once been pulled over on Rt. 80 in 4 years of driving, and never once has a family member been pulled over there and they've lived here 22+ years.

It doesn't matter who the car is registered to or insured under, you have a driver's license right? Then you have a record. It shows up.

A red car didn't get you in this trouble.

Even for insurance purposes its like the 25th thing in line that insurance looks at, its not a major factor.

Although no front plate may be legal in PA, its not legal in NJ, so if you frequent here, which you do, they can still stop you and harass you for not following the laws of the state in which you're traveling.

Basically, as always you were obviously being an ass driving. I haven't been pulled over 6 times in my life, let alone in a short period of time. Myself and my two friends who were driving the pathfinder today, haven't been pulled over 6 times collectively and we're all young guys that are from this immediate area.

In less than 3 years my dad racked up 180k on his car, driving Morris/Sussex county and he hasn't gotten a ticket in years - the last time I could remember was in PA about 4-6years ago. Seriously, its not the car.

We're not gods or exempt from the law, I'm just characterizing my point that you were obviously doing something stupid and it wasn't the color of the car.

I never got a ticket in my red car. I got three in my blue car, (3 speeding tickets... i was young and dumb) and I got pulled over in the Si for forgetting to turn my headlights on at 1:30 am (had my driving lamps on though), just got a verbal warning.

Apparently you need to get a black car and stop being a fucking moron on the roads.

I'd agree on some parts...Me speeding through Watchung wasn't a good idea.

Setting cruise at 77 on rt. 80 and staying in one lane within the lane sounds fairly unconspicuous to me yet I still manage to get pulled over.

PA only has one plate, Ive never gotten harrassed about it. I would have pulled someone over too if I had noticed someone had an abnormal plate, the red catches the eye so they just noticed it before they would on say a black car.

You don't need to drive like a jackass to get pulled over.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd agree on some parts...Me speeding through Watchung wasn't a good idea.

Setting cruise at 77 on rt. 80 and staying in one lane within the lane sounds fairly unconspicuous to me yet I still manage to get pulled over.

PA only has one plate, Ive never gotten harrassed about it. I would have pulled someone over too if I had noticed someone had an abnormal plate, the red catches the eye so they just noticed it before they would on say a black car.

You don't need to drive like a jackass to get pulled over.

Well, don't give them ANY reason to pull you over. Do 65 in a 65. Put your plates where they should be, abide by the laws and every ticket you get is fightable... except now that you've had so many offenses you're losing any future credibility.

Like I said I cant figure it out. My last 3 cars have been red. and you all know my 350Z catches peoples eyes. One police ride along I went on the officer said "oh you have that red 350Z? damn thats a nice car I wondered who had it."

=)

Im also pretty close with my insurance people and have asked them the question before about color being a factor in insurance. long story short, NO.

Color doesnt make a person crash a car any faster then the next color.

That's statefarm. Geico or another company might base color in their rates but my insurance co doesnt.

bottom line, every single ticket you got was fair. you broke the law. wah.

Quoted post[/post]]
Post #12.

didn't say I wasn't at fault, I know I am and I'm not fighting any of them.... I was pointing out it just makes your more suspect and noticable in a red car.

I still dont believe that.

Once again 3rd red car for me. not a single pull over. Black car... pulled over every 2 months or so.
I'd even got followed and so on. "running tags in computer"

put your front tag on and stop doing stupid shit.

Back