6 puck questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmalphanumeric

i just purchased a act 6 puck and hd pressure plate.
i have always drove stock clutches. expect for a few times where i drove my brothers unsprung si six puck. and it chattered so horribly it was like trying to drive stick all over again. since i will be doing the swap just wondering how to avoid chatter. and what other differences will i run into. also i will be in about 1hour of traffic a day. suggestions for 6 puck set up or different clutch i have a b20 motor and ls cable tranny. thanks in advance

so the chatter is not affecting anything. i will most likely have to stop slipping my clutch in when i shift. im a really smooth shifter so slip alot im sure i will get use to all the aspects of the 6puck

we tried a 6 puck ACT unsprung hub clutch in our drag car, running slicks, launching at 8000 rpm - broke 2 axles and a differential on the first 2 runs - we had never broken any driveline parts before - took out the 6 puck and put in ACT street performance disc and haven't broken anything since (almost 2 years) - the 6 puck, with unsprung hub, engagement is too harsh

we tried a 6 puck ACT unsprung hub clutch in our drag car, running slicks, launching at 8000 rpm - broke 2 axles and a differential on the first 2 runs - we had never broken any driveline parts before - took out the 6 puck and put in ACT street performance disc and haven't broken anything since (almost 2 years) - the 6 puck, with unsprung hub, engagement is too harsh

what set up do you have?
i have the sprung 6puck

i went with the act extreme pressure plate w/ 6 puck sprung racing disk on my DD and I never had any chatter. I prefer act over any brand clutch now .

Youll like what you got !!

yeah a few minutes ... that clutch is either in or out !! Youll have to rev to about 2500 and take off w/ that clutch ... and again EXCELLENT CLUTCH !!

Oh yeah dont forgot to break it in !!

yeah 2500 rpms at dead stop ... If not you will stall the car every time .... Like I said before ... Once the clutch starts to grab ... It GRABS... There isnt much feathering at first... Well Nor after 2500 miles...

Uhhhh dont know the recommended break in time... I know I went maybe that is a little less before I started dumping it ...

ENJOY

Back