6 Speed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

trble2113

I was just wondering if there is a 6-speed tranny for my b20z2 engine so that i do not have to fly down the highway at 4000 rpm or higher anymore all the time.

i have a gsr tranny right now so what your saying is there is not a 6 for it then...???

6 speeds don't add a gear to the top, they add a gear to the bottom. a 5 speed transmission is commonly "4 speed with overdrive". 4th gear is 1:1 (or close) which is "direct Drive". 5th gear is an "overdrive". In your common 6 speed trans, 5th gear is Direct drive (again, close or exactly 1:1) and 6th is overdrive.

What you want to really do is build your own gearing, and you can do that through lots of patience, math and effort (Most Hondas are available with LOTS of different gearings)

:no:
never has been never will be

and you cant even make an adapter plate to mount a 6 speed tranny up there because the fucking engine spins in the wrong direction

if you still want the closer ratios for spirited driving and are only looking for lower RPMs when cruising, then your best bet is going to be to put an LS 5th gear in

also
no tech posts in the lounge

:locked:

thing is i do not want to loose any of the low end torque but still want to be running lower rpms at like 80 or so i am not very mechanically inclined but could figure out directions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back