62402 cams for Ls turbo???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6turboLs

sup guyz i saw this crower cams 4 sale used but cheap, the # on the end of the cams says 62402....what cams setup is this for...all motor or turbo.....im building a fully built ls turbo wit head work and bottom end done, im looking for 350-400hp daily, and reliable...so the main question is the 62402 cams for turbo and can it run successfully on turbo setup, i do understand crower have a 62402T which is for turbo setup, so would that cam have their #s on the end of the cams too stating 62402T?...
how do i know if its the 62402 or 62402T by looking at the cams????

what would happen if i use the 62402 cams on my turbo setup?????....plz help!!!...thanx!!!

i did and dont know what to look up and what to type.........thats why i come on sites like this so ya can explain to my noob behind.....lol

lol... im lost my dude im a type of person dat need that xtra explaining.....i just wanna know if i can run these 62402 cams on my ls turbo setup not the 62402T, and make good enough power from it

I couldn't find the site that explains them better. but from that one it says those are for non turbo, the one with a T is for turbo. theres another post here that talks about this and has a better site for it i will see if i can find it

I couldn't find the site that explains them better. but from that one it says those are for non turbo, the one with a T is for turbo. theres another post here that talks about this and has a better site for it i will see if i can find it

thanx for the help.....im been searching the web for a long time now, reading alot of different info but then i found 2 different forum on dudes running the 62402 on their Ls turbo and both saay they run strong all the way pass stokk redline...thats watsup! im bout to cop it...and i also saw a website stating specs of them crower Ls cams.....according to that site the #62402 is a stage 1 street use and mild nitrous...turbo/nitrous cams..... idk i might just buy and test it

anybody have used these cams in the past.....does it still make power after stokk redline......how high can i rev to? just wanted some input

If you can get them cheap enough then get them and try them out, and make sure you upgrade the springs and retainers.

The 402 cams are a NA cam if memory is correct. I was looking at these cams for my B18b before I got my Vtec head. IMO I would boost the motor with the stock cams and tune first to see what you get. If the price is good for the cams then get them. Put then in, retune and see if it makes a difference. They most likely will help to make more power but keep in mind that those cams will need upgraded springs and retainers to handle the higher lift. From what I have heard, not sure how true this is cause I have not used them, NA they pull hard down low and mid range but stop making power past 7500, stock red line is 6800. Again this was NA and he said she said from other forums. A turbo set up should continue to build power past what a NA motor can because NA is more dependent on flow and efficiency and boost forces more air in the motor.

Last edited:
i dont have any experience with these particular cams, but if you have adjustable cam gears to dial these in, im sure they will show gains over a stock cam in a turbo application. also, like others have said you need upgraded valvetrain to handle them. a lot of people use NA cams in turbo builds, you just need a tuner that knows how to adjust them correctly. as far as redline is concerned, im sure these will make power beyond the stock cams limits, but the exact powerband can only really be seen during dyno tuning.

Back