69 c10

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I always wanted to see what it would take to drop in the hybrid 383 out of the new tahoes in one. don't know much about them, or if you can hook it up to a manual tranny. I've wanted one of these so bad. SWB fleetside. I have a bagged S10, but i've lost my interest in it. i want a bigger truck. My S10 needs a starter, and it's going. Shame theres no market for it in winter.

I have a 350 4 bolt block and a turbo 400 trans sitting in the shop just waiting for something to come along.
My dad had a later model with a 454 with a turbo 400. That truck would idle up a telephone pole if it could get the traction. Had to scrap it because it was dangerously rotten.

btw, if you want, i can go thru my photo albums from car shows ive been to and see if i got any pics of some Chevy C-10s. lemme know

i wanna get an early to mid 60s style Ford F-100 and bodydrop and bag it. i think it would look sic laid out....

Yeah the old fords are badass, one day i would like to get my hands on an early mid 50's ford f100. I love those trucks slammed. I want alot of things actually.

I want to go to RI and pick up the one on the left :ph34r:

DSCF8154.jpg

The truck on the left looks very pissed off. Just look at it. Its angry. Might be another christine kinda thing. Beware.

The van on the right is pretty cool, too. I bet there is enough acid/coke/resin caked into the interior that licking the floor would induce an incredible high.

I always wanted to see what it would take to drop in the hybrid 383 out of the new tahoes in one. don't know much about them, or if you can hook it up to a manual tranny. I've wanted one of these so bad. SWB fleetside. I have a bagged S10, but i've lost my interest in it. i want a bigger truck. My S10 needs a starter, and it's going. Shame theres no market for it in winter.

You can put a t56 6 speed out of an ls series camaro or vette onto the newer 6 liters. That is the plan with my truck.

My plan was to swap in an ls1 from an ss camaro. I would love to do an ls6 swap more then anything but its way too expensive, even an ls1 seems a bit out of my grasp, so i may just settle for a 350.

You can pick up a 5.3 for under a grand. A decent amount of guys are swapping their 5.3 or 4.8l for 6.0 liters.

You can pick up a 5.3 for under a grand. A decent amount of guys are swapping their 5.3 or 4.8l for 6.0 liters.

I found a bunch on ebay, they all had like 90k some miles on them though, I'm lookin for a low mileage engine, i would like to hook up an sts kit, mainly for the different factor.

You can put a t56 6 speed out of an ls series camaro or vette onto the newer 6 liters. That is the plan with my truck.
Would that work on the hybrid one too?

As far as the 305 goes, I'd suggest getting a 350. Better engine, stronger, longer life. A lot more popular and the 305 has a crappy cam in it anyway.

Look on car-part.com for the engine. You should be able to find a low mileage one on their.

As far as the hybrid tranny question I have no clue. I am not a big fan of hybrids.

Back