6th gen civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Goldberg

Ok unless i have no idea wtf i am reading or i am just really tired. But correct me if i am wrong, pissedoffsol you stated in the article non-recommened swaps that any c series motor is not recommended for a 6th gen. Now i was all happy and ready to buy parts to build my all motor gsr for my 2000 civic SiR. Please tell me i read something wrong. :unsure:

um...I think there's a misunderstanding here...where's this article you read?

5th gen

* B16A SiR
* B17A
* B18A
* ZC/D16A6/8/9
* any C-series motor

We don't recommend these motors for several reasons as well. These motors are OBD-0, making it a hard swap into a car wired for OBD-1. It is easier to go backwards (as in, taking a 5th gen motor into a 4th gen chassis) than forwards. Remember, its all about backwards compatibility, not forwards.
While we haven't listed the H-series motors as a non-recommended swap, we would like to say a few words about it. An H-series motor is generally 60-80 lbs heavier than a B-series motor. This adds to the already poor F/R weight distribution of Civics/Integra's. While it can be solved with a set of stiffer springs and tighter shocks up front, it is still not a good choice for an AutoX or road course car. For drag, it excels. It's heavier, putting more weight on the front wheels to help with traction. In addition to the weight factor, the chassis will need to be modified a little bit to fit it. Some things on the fire wall will need to be moved (such as brake master cylinder) off the wall. The drivers side quarter panel will also need to be dented in a little bit so the crank pulley doesn't rub.

6th gen

* B16A SiR
* B16A3
* B17A
* B18A
* 94-95 B18C
* 94-95 B18B
* ZC/D16A6/8/9
* any C-series motor

The reasons for these motors is similar to the 5th gen's, only now we include OBD-1 in the list. When you own an OBD-2 chassis, the easiest swaps are OBD-2 motors.
The same general principles apply for the H-series motors as listed in the 5th gen's explanation.

Ok so thats what he read, It's all about hte OBD designation.

Ok ya so what if i had a 2000 gsr engine to swap into my civic. What i previosly thought was that it was bolt on?

I've been tryin to figure this out... I know the 99-00 Si is OBD IIb...the 94-95 GSR motor is OBD I right? I don't know what OBD designation the newer GSR motors are...so if you have a GSR motor in your SI-R then you don't have to worry about it.

No i meant if i were to have a gsr 96 or up would that work.

Like I said I'm not sure what OBD designation the 96+ GSR motors are...but hold on a second, I'll look it up.

Ok so it says 94-01 GSR is either OBD 1 or 2...I'm going to make the assumption that 94-95 is OBDI and 96+ is OBD II... meaning 96+ GSR motors should be a LOT easier to swap, as stated in the article, backwards compatibility is what it's all about. 2000 gsr motor should fit into a 2000 Si-R.

Ok so 96 2000 is a p72 obd 2 not la p2t obd 2b like mine. Looks like there isn't many like mine now what are the big differences between these. If i were to build my all motor gsr 96 to 2000 is its ecu plug and play with my car or am i facked.

haha he's away on aim. but I did post a link to Slammed90Lude...I hope he can help ya out a bit. :)

Ok wait i think most of the posts are based on non vtec models, i think. But i still would like to know what i do to my ecu or what ecu to get. I know i wanna run either hondata or a vafc.

Hey thanks alot man. Sorry for all the questions. Just started work today so i gonna be looking for a gsr engine. Unless i can find a good condition c5 block instead then i wouldn't have to worry aobut the OBD and that acutally sounds like a plan. Thats if i find a bare block which in my town is kinda hard.

ok, give me a quick synopsis of what you're trying to do and what your question is- i couldn't qquite figure out what you're trying to do through alll that confusion up there

The B18C is one thing, C series engines are another.

What the article is saying is not to try and swap C series engines into Civics. It's very rare to see one that's complete, and it's ridiculously expensive too.

The C engines are the C30 and C32 that come standard in the NSX.

Make sense now?

The B18C is a B series engine.

Omg i officially am not gonna read the forums or try and think engines when i have had no sleep LOL

C motor in my 99 hatch!!! I never even thought of that! Can it be done? Has it been done? I haven't come across it yet. Anyone else?

Back