6th gen civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sure it's been done but why? the best NSX motor only makes 280 hp and the trouble and money it would take to mount that motor in the front or back could easily be spent on a turbo setup that would make more power and maintain better weight distribution

but now, back on topic

if you were to swap in an OBD 2 GSR or Type R motor, all the connectors would work- you'd just have to add wires for IAB (in the case of the GSR) and then get the correct OBD 2 ecu for the motor that you are using: P72 for the GSR and PCT for the type r

hope that helps :)

but the question that remains in my mind is why? if your b16 is still in good shape, that's a pretty damn good platform to start with, andvunless you're looking for a bit more torque you could use the money you would spend on the swap on a nice turbo setup and make more power

96-98 civic is OBD2A
99+ is OBD2B
96-99 GSR and LS is OBD2A
00+ GSR and LS is OBD2B

you will need a 99- 00 SI wiring harness and everythign else will be fine.

B18 motors all of them besides the Type R switched in 00 to OBD2B civics switched to OBD2B in 99 all of them besides the Type r

I wanna have a powerfull na honda. To me to have a turbo is the cheap way out, also reliability and all the other factors. Plus just to say hey I have a all motor gsr producing (hopefully) 200+ whp outa a four banger is a pretty good accomplishment.

Basucally the plan has been to find a c1 block build it to the titties(please don't ask what i have posted what about 300 times already) slowly, then park my car. Then i won't to do everything else like the b16 head and such. And no don't worry everything and i mean everything is gonna be aftermarket. I plan on useing alot of skunk2 stuff, which many people may not like but its what i want to do right?:p

it's your car homie, do whatever makes you happy-

but remember, NA is the expensive way to go slow :)

200 hp on a gsr NA is easy to do, it just requires a tuning, bumping the compression, and do a lot of headwork and flowtesting. It already makes nearly 160 whp stock, a few decent bolt-ons, the bump in compression, headwork, and dyno time should put you right where you wanna be.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@May 4 2004, 10:42 PM
C motor in my 99 hatch!!! I never even thought of that! Can it be done? Has it been done? I haven't come across it yet. Anyone else?

Yeah, I can't remember who did it, but it was in I think SCC magazine like 6 months ago. The car only ran 12's or something. Absolutely nothing stock in the engine bay, the roof was chopped for aerodynamic reasons. I'd put a k20a2 in an eg before I swap a c-series into anything. For that matter, I'd swap a CRV awd drivetrain into my teg before I dropped a c motor into anything. Just a waste of time and money, it was more or less just a piece of Honda art.

Ok i have been told that you can get maybe over 200 whp on a gsr. Can someone give some hard numbers on a gsr that would be fully built.(85 mm bore 12 compression pistons etc etc etc)

Originally posted by Goldberg@May 6 2004, 12:45 AM
Can someone give some hard numbers on a gsr that would be fully built.

:no:

too many variables

200+ definatly though

boring it out will definaitely gain you some horses, ask calesta, he has a bored and sleeved gsr in his 5th gen civic sedan.

Back