7 Minutes of US ass kicking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is it that gunship firing on those dudes in infared? break.com is blocked at work.

yea, something like that
its not the one with the machine guy and the 2 of 3 guys...

this is a gun ship with some extreme air support in the form of missles...
almost seems like laser guided and the gun ship is spotting them...

"i know there was 3 or 4 guys in there, i saw the body parts flying around"

that's just unreal.

no missiles, the C-130 gunship has a howitzer mounted to the side of it, load up some explosive artillery rounds and away you go

the C-130 is the most destructive cargo plane in the inventory. They also drop 24,000lb fuel bombs out of the back of it. imagine 12 tons of gasoline with a strke anywhere match taped to the side of it dropped out of a plane

isn't out military awesome? :)

Oh and by the way civi-newbs, that video is Circa 2003

Damn. I wish I could show you guys videos of our stuff. ;)

yeah, most of the stuff that we see from the military isnt even closes to current technology. its kinda sad.

I actually do have a 5 minute DVD of the whole PAC-3 system that's cleared for public release, but it's all CG and has some cheesy music. It's still pretty cool though. I could try to rip/DivX it and throw it up somewhere.

does that intercept system finally work...last i hear they were MILES away from a fully functioning system.

Which one? PAC-3 has been intercepting missiles for the last 12 years, and has had lots of successful intercepts out in Iraq (at least). THAAD has had all successful flight tests since it started testing again last year- and it intercepted a missile last week in a test when the actual intercept was considered a "bonus" item that wasn't on the evaluation list.

So yeah, they both work, but THAAD is still in development. I just think it's cool that we're exceeding test expectations, and that I get to actually work on all this defense hardware.

PAC-3
PAC-3: Lockheed Martin - Missiles and Fire Control

THAAD test news release from last week:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THAAD System Intercepts Live Missile Target
al.com: Everything Alabama

Last edited:
sweet...i guess ive just been getting bad info.

Yup, PAC-3 has been fully operation for quite a while. Hell, the Lufkin plant opened 10 years ago specifically to build PAC-3 stuff.

Back