700 Cuibic inches...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

johnfiero.jpg

... TRUNK SPACE !

-> Steve

Some rice I've found around the place..

(Niiiiiice and I've misspelled it too)

The internet. There are some things I found, and I was going to post up - then I realised that I sheepishly kinda liked them.. Here goes.

Jeff and Jack keep pushing me to add a Neon bumper to my Civic. While I don't agree, I did see how well the Eclipse bumper worked on the 626.
http://www.crxsi.com/resources/album/pages...c.reilly1.5.jpg
Custom interior
http://www.crxsi.com/resources/album/pages...c.reilly1.7.jpg
My hatred for painted interiors:
http://www.crxsi.com/resources/album/pages...es/REVITUp2.htm

Not my style, but some of these ideas I kinda like. I think the center channel speakers on the Yellow interior are inventive.

-> Steve

Edit: BASTARD. They won't allow us.. lemme side-step this little issue..

EDIT AGAIN: Just hit the main page - I'm picking on the Yellow one that is firs in line crxsi.com

The Neon bumper on the CRX is actually done pretty well... they molded it all in and made it fit. Impressive. I sure as hell wouldn't want to drive it though... and that interior- damn! Must be a ton of glare coming off all those shiny surfaces while you're driving.

Sometimes I applaud their efforts and ingenuity. But if I had a bomb that would only kill people within a certain envelope of bad taste, they would be on fire like a palestinian on ramadan.

Poor taste weaponry. Kinda like a "Warhol Cocktail" where we could fill Stanley Kubrick VHS tapes with gasoline and stuff a rag in them and toss them.

These cars were at first an attempt to seperate themselves from the dull and drab - But even now if I were to see one in person there is no way I could give it the attention the person that built it would desire. Whether I liked it or I didn't, what gets my juices flowing is a rust free 1983 Honda. I think that others are growing bored of their "I wanna be different, just like everyone else" antics that the customization concept is only as real as the person behind it.

When was the last time you saw a custom bike? Did you give it more than 10 seconds of consideration? Well, according to Orange County cycles that's $10,000 per second.

Art cars must die too. People that tack shit all over their cars in an effort to woe us with their creativity and glue-skills needs to be shot into the sun.

There is a "New York Jets" truck that I follow everyday - and on the hood he has this little diarama of "Their greatest touchdown" in the late 70's. I nearly stabbed this guy in the throat for being such a waste of my air.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 30 2003, 01:36 AM
Art cars must die too. People that tack shit all over their cars in an effort to woe us with their creativity and glue-skills needs to be shot into the sun.

In April, I saw an art car gathering in downtown Austin... an Eg hatch completely covered in broken bits of CD's. I was wowed. No feelings of hate though. That exterior might deflect police radar guns too. B)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Sep 30 2003, 12:40 AM-->
@Sep 30 2003, 01:36 AM

In April, I saw an art car gathering in downtown Austin... an Eg hatch completely covered in broken bits of CD's. I was wowed. No feelings of hate though. That exterior might deflect police radar guns too. B)

I think it would only make the radar signature bigger.... it IS deflecting in all directions. I've actually seen that car driving around recently. What a waste of a 5th gen hatch!

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 30 2003, 01:43 AM
What a waste of a 5th gen hatch!

Sometimes I wonder what percentage of the EG hatch production has been destroyed... :( About two months after I bought mine, I came across an identical one with low mileage for sale. Even now, 9 years later, I am sad that I wasn't able to buy it and keep it in storage. I could drive my car happily forever I think.

It's not your EG that I think you should have stored... Tell us about that 78.

-> Steve

If you're looking for a car to occupy space, suck up your money and look pretty I'm selling my Celica.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 30 2003, 01:55 AM
It's not your EG that I think you should have stored... Tell us about that 78.

Actually, I missed my red 5-speed '79 the most. The brown '78 was a 4-speed. Both the '78 and the '79 had '81 accord engines in them. And I also had a silver '74, that was my first Honda. lol the memories....

I still have my steering wheel from the '79. Plastic fake wood finish. Shinny grip. I also have the rubber floor mats and the wood shift knob. :)
If you're looking for a car to occupy space, suck up your money and look pretty I'm selling my Celica.
My thoughts for a second play car would be another '79, another EG hatch, an HF with some sort of swapped motor or an old BMW 318 is.... not real fond of Toyotas. No offense meant Steve.

Nice. I wouldn't mind having an older late 70s Civic to play around in.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 30 2003, 02:09 AM
old BMW 318....

shes caught my bug, but as wild bill was talking about this weekend (i cant remember the damn chassis code for shit) im in love with this fender flared beast.

adf.sized.jpg

adg.sized.jpg

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 30 2003, 10:59 AM
it didnt have the flares... however i wonder what was wrong wiht that red one...

The body looked clean on it and it still had its original rims. I'm thinking it was a bad engine and/or tranny. I can't wait to look at it again after my trip. Even just to find out more about it and then look for another one.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 29 2003, 11:40 PM
... TRUNK SPACE !

Actually, fieros' trunks are in the back behind the engine. :p

I almost bought an E30 coupe w/ a VANOS M50 swap a few years ago. Definitely one of the coolest cars I have ever driven. My civic felt like a marshmellow after spending 1/2 a day in it.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 30 2003, 12:23 AM
The Neon bumper on the CRX is actually done pretty well... they molded it all in and made it fit. Impressive. I sure as hell wouldn't want to drive it though... and that interior- damn! Must be a ton of glare coming off all those shiny surfaces while you're driving.

it's not a neon bumper that part of the 12(or 13) peice widebody kit that grounddesigns made. it's suppose to fit perfectly on a CRX and not a SRT-4.

Back