1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

700 Cuibic inches...

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Celerity, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

... TRUNK SPACE !

-> Steve

Some rice I've found around the place..

(Niiiiiice and I've misspelled it too)

2. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

LOL! And what place is this?

3. Celerity

The internet. There are some things I found, and I was going to post up - then I realised that I sheepishly kinda liked them.. Here goes.

Jeff and Jack keep pushing me to add a Neon bumper to my Civic. While I don't agree, I did see how well the Eclipse bumper worked on the 626.
    http://www.crxsi.com/resources/album/pages...c.reilly1.5.jpg
    Custom interior
    http://www.crxsi.com/resources/album/pages...c.reilly1.7.jpg
    My hatred for painted interiors:
    http://www.crxsi.com/resources/album/pages...es/REVITUp2.htm

Not my style, but some of these ideas I kinda like. I think the center channel speakers on the Yellow interior are inventive.

-> Steve

Edit: BASTARD. They won't allow us.. lemme side-step this little issue..

EDIT AGAIN: Just hit the main page - I'm picking on the Yellow one that is firs in line crxsi.com

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

The Neon bumper on the CRX is actually done pretty well... they molded it all in and made it fit. Impressive. I sure as hell wouldn't want to drive it though... and that interior- damn! Must be a ton of glare coming off all those shiny surfaces while you're driving.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

6. Celerity

Sometimes I applaud their efforts and ingenuity. But if I had a bomb that would only kill people within a certain envelope of bad taste, they would be on fire like a palestinian on ramadan.

Poor taste weaponry. Kinda like a "Warhol Cocktail" where we could fill Stanley Kubrick VHS tapes with gasoline and stuff a rag in them and toss them.

These cars were at first an attempt to seperate themselves from the dull and drab - But even now if I were to see one in person there is no way I could give it the attention the person that built it would desire. Whether I liked it or I didn't, what gets my juices flowing is a rust free 1983 Honda. I think that others are growing bored of their "I wanna be different, just like everyone else" antics that the customization concept is only as real as the person behind it.

When was the last time you saw a custom bike? Did you give it more than 10 seconds of consideration? Well, according to Orange County cycles that's $10,000 per second.

Art cars must die too. People that tack shit all over their cars in an effort to woe us with their creativity and glue-skills needs to be shot into the sun.

There is a "New York Jets" truck that I follow everyday - and on the hood he has this little diarama of "Their greatest touchdown" in the late 70's. I nearly stabbed this guy in the throat for being such a waste of my air.

-> Steve

7. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

In April, I saw an art car gathering in downtown Austin... an Eg hatch completely covered in broken bits of CD's. I was wowed. No feelings of hate though. That exterior might deflect police radar guns too. B)

8. Celerity

That's because radar guns don't have a sense of class.

Neither does the CD EG guy :)

-> Steve

9. phunky.buddha

I think it would only make the radar signature bigger.... it IS deflecting in all directions. I've actually seen that car driving around recently. What a waste of a 5th gen hatch!

10. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Sometimes I wonder what percentage of the EG hatch production has been destroyed... :( About two months after I bought mine, I came across an identical one with low mileage for sale. Even now, 9 years later, I am sad that I wasn't able to buy it and keep it in storage. I could drive my car happily forever I think.

11. Celerity

It's not your EG that I think you should have stored... Tell us about that 78.

-> Steve

If you're looking for a car to occupy space, suck up your money and look pretty I'm selling my Celica.

12. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Actually, I missed my red 5-speed '79 the most. The brown '78 was a 4-speed. Both the '78 and the '79 had '81 accord engines in them. And I also had a silver '74, that was my first Honda. lol the memories....

I still have my steering wheel from the '79. Plastic fake wood finish. Shinny grip. I also have the rubber floor mats and the wood shift knob. :)
    My thoughts for a second play car would be another '79, another EG hatch, an HF with some sort of swapped motor or an old BMW 318 is.... not real fond of Toyotas. No offense meant Steve.

13. phunky.buddha

Nice. I wouldn't mind having an older late 70s Civic to play around in.

14. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

shes caught my bug, but as wild bill was talking about this weekend (i cant remember the damn chassis code for shit) im in love with this fender flared beast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Nice! But I'd like to bring that one from the junkyard back to life... and it's red too! *sigh*

16. irunfromcops

irunfromcops Junior Member

that would be an E30 M3 chris and i love those cars!

17. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

it didnt have the flares... however i wonder what was wrong wiht that red one...

18. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

The body looked clean on it and it still had its original rims. I'm thinking it was a bad engine and/or tranny. I can't wait to look at it again after my trip. Even just to find out more about it and then look for another one.

19. Stock91GT

Stock91GT Member

Actually, fieros' trunks are in the back behind the engine. :p

I almost bought an E30 coupe w/ a VANOS M50 swap a few years ago. Definitely one of the coolest cars I have ever driven. My civic felt like a marshmellow after spending 1/2 a day in it.

20. zcrex

zcrex Senior Member

it's not a neon bumper that part of the 12(or 13) peice widebody kit that grounddesigns made. it's suppose to fit perfectly on a CRX and not a SRT-4.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted