72mm tb air intake intake?!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh_crewdson@y

I noticed today that my current air intake tube actually fits inside of my 70-72mm tb i have going on my fully built b16, does someone make honda intakes that have a larger diameter? or is this a case of the pvc intake?

i know i can get larger couplings, i could get a larger coupling for the current intake but i will not see the performance gain because the intake piping itself is smaller than my tb. but i need to know if they make them to where the actual opening in the whale penis is 72+mm or is the coupling going from smaller to larger in size?

you can just get a 3" pipe ebay intake for cheap, thats what i did.

i dont think you will see any real gains spending the money on the pwjdm intake. i go to the track a lot and ive never a whale penis intake. all the fast guys just use 3" or 3.5" pipe.

i found a 6in long peice of 3in aluminum pipe and a big ass filter to match. its sounds better than my friend's whale penis.. it pulls so hard and smooth all the way through the powerband that you can't even feel or hear vtec, this is fckn awesome. it has alot of low end growl and breaks loose around 2k. i gained something ha.

Back