75dryshot on stock Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

I have a stock Z6 bottomend with a PnP Z6head. I bought a Zexdry kit used for 220$ and only has the 75hp jets. I have been told by a lot of people this will be fine on my stock engine and will give me nice gains. Have also been told by many people even though Zex says it will be fine that it is still unsafe. I have 210-220psi 20-35% leakdown across the board. I have never run N02 before and have read the FAQs and talked to people about this but for everyperson thats says i'll be ok I have another telling me otherwise. Should I play it safe and buy the 55&65hp jets? This is my daily driver

PS not going to just slap it on. I got 2 step colder plugs retarded the timeing 5degrees and running 93octane. I'm also going to buy an MSD window switch with 3k on& 6k off

Dry kits are worse then Wet kits. So i've heard. But your able to push half the hp of your engine SAFELY. So a z6 I think pushed out like what 125hp? So I would be safer with the 65hp jet. But thats just me. I mean since it is a Z6 and they are cheap I'd say go for it.

Most people dont run Dry kits without an tunable ECU. If you dont have hondata/crome or something like it, then i would recommend selling the kit again. If you cant add more fuel to the mixture, then you will have a problem.

Quoted post[/post]]
Most people dont run Dry kits without an tunable ECU. If you dont have hondata/crome or something like it, then i would recommend selling the kit again. If you cant add more fuel to the mixture, then you will have a problem.

The Zex kit adds pressure to the FPR closeing it off more then just pluging the vac hose. This raises the fuel pressure adding more fuel, or so says Zex. I will be haveing it street tuned with crome when I get the money

you will be fine there dry kits work well just hook it up corect and go i have put them onmany cars and they did fine just do not ever hit the revlimiter while spraying it will gpo way to lean

it wont blow because the 75 shot is really only 40 or so hp to the wheels. zex nitrous is a joke.

so 40 hp from a 55 shot.

bah. and for how long. things like having to watch bottle temp, pressure, purge, fill the bottle ect. make nitrous a hassle.

and if i were to ever run it, it would be supplementry to my turbo setup , and definatetly be direct port.

I didn't plan on this turning into an N02 vs turbo or if you like it at all. Just wanted to know if the setup I have is too much for a stock engine and what other people experianced

ZEX is actually a very safe system. The brain for the ZEX kit won't let you spray if the bottle pressure is too low, and it raises the fuel pressure in the rail so it's not really a true dry system either. If I had to go for a basic nitrous system without fuel jets on one of my cars, I would have chosen a ZEX system.

As for 75, I don't know. You should be able to run that safely if you tune everything right and make sure you don't lean out- especially in cylinder 4.

actually calesta. cyl number 3 always runs the hottest.

uberdata has nitrous controls, id get familiar with that.

3 will run hotter but 4 will tend lean out since its the first cyl on the intake. 4&3 tend to run leaner than 2&1. I think thats why edlbrock tilts the TB.

obviousl;y the best way to compat that is direct port. ensuring proper amts of fuel/n20 reach the idividul runners equally

your right but i don't have a direct port kit. thought a way to position the nozzle to reduce the chances of running lean

they sell a zex filter, with a the nozzle bung centerd in it at the end of your intake.... that seems like the best solution to allow the nitrous plenty of time to mix with the air and disperse evenly into the cyls.

Quoted post[/post]]
what can be done to prevent running lean on cyl 4?

getting a wet kit :)

If you are going to stick w/dry, mount the solenoid for the nawz as far down the intake tube as possible. This will help the nawz get properly mixed with you air intake charge.

if you plan on running a 75 dry shot of zex. heres what what I did when I ran zex on my civic with a z6 when i had it. I tired many different ways to figure what was best. 55, 65, 75, and 125 shot, but I am also in a high altitude state. so it might be different where you live.

get a inline fuel pump for a 75 shot, zex plugs or some other cold plugs, and need you retard your timing 3 degrees.

you would be better off with a 55 shot on a daily driver. and you dont need a window switch with zex, but not a bad idea

oh and if you look for new jets. zex jets are different than nos jets

Back