76 CVCC Wagon!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1976CVCC

Hey guys, first post here, and first time I've had a civic this old. The thing is wild as all hell, and I'm trying to maximize it's fuel economy and reliability. Having looked briefly into swapping a motor into it, preferably out of a 92-95Vx, it seems that it would be extremely difficult. So it appears it would be less of a hassle to just do smaller mods at first while getting to know this little thing. What I'm wondering is, can this 1.5L 60 Horse fire breather be rebuilt with higher compression pistons, a cam designed for lower rpm torque peak, can I get a header for it, are the heads on that motor worth porting or do they just not want to flow any air at all. I'm very new to this game, having crossed over from the world of a 68 Camaro, and this is going to be fun, but I need serious help with suggestions from people who've been there. Any responses appreciated, even if very short telling me where to go do research at.

Thanks for reminding me, I originally typed in "headers" as well and realized this thing only would have one, but forgot about the fact it only has one head. This is a new ballgame, it seems there are half as many parts and they cost four times as much, pretty weird. I like the potential for efficiency though. Anybody know anyone in the southern california area I could at least contact that may be able to entertain some mods like I'm trying to do? Even if I have to do custom pistons and a custom grind cam it may be worth it.

Do some hardcore searching on google, and possibly try Honda-tech. I know the ifno is out there. It will be a challenge to find. I know that you can put a b series engine in there, but it will be some custom modification.

:werd: :withstupid:
the time and money you are gonna invest in that motor are a waste.
swap it out for a newer one. you will be happy.
oh, and welcome to hondaswap

Back