78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Looking forward to the final product!

and :ditto: on that orange paint, definantly reminds me of the 60s/70s(if not orange, then that darkish green)

update pics

some pics right before i pulled the harness.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

And heres a shot after the wiring was gone.

DSC01436.jpg

Engine being pulled from the integra.

IMG_0151.jpg

She's a dirty little bitch.

DSC01435.jpg

The engine is goin to the shop this weekend for a hot tank and a complete rebuild. I'm gonna pull the CVCC into the garage and start strippin it down. This should get interesting...

this is great. this is one of the first project cars on hondaswap i've really been excited to see, and actually have it followed through with. :thumbsup:

cant wait to see the outcome of this build..

EEEK that Integra motor is nasty as hell looking. good thing you gonna clean her up and get her purrin. im with the others as well, i cant wait to see this sumbitch done!!

Well i called the machine shop yesterday and they said that to rebuild the motor it would cost like $3000. Yeah I paid $900 for the 'teg and $300 for the cvcc, so that's ridiculous. I'm gonna have them boil the block/head, which will cost $150. Looks like I'm gonna be buildin this thing myself cuz I'm just a Po boy. I'm only gonna put new stuff in the motor if it absolutely needs it. I'm gonna try to save all the pistons, cams, maybe valves (hopefully i can get away with just dressin up the valve seats) I will be putting all new bearings, valve guides, seals etc. and was wondering if you guys know of anywhere to get that stuff cheap (besides ebay) Thanks!

update pics

Just got back from the garage. Spent a few hours strippin it down to the longblock, she's ready for the machine shop! I think I'm gonna buy an Ebay engine kit (rings bearings gaskets) since thats the cheapest i could find. Gotta borrow my bro's truck 2morrow to haul the engine. while it's gettin cleaned up, I'm gonna clean the tranny and start orderin bits that I'm gonna need. Here's a pic of the damage i accomplished today.

IMG_0158.jpg

Gotta put this on the cvcc. Anyone know where i can get an ITR badge? JUST KIDDING!

IMG_0161.jpg

Sick man, I've always wanted to build up an old civic. I can't wait to see where this goes!

everyday when i walk to school i see a 80 civic hatch parked on the street near school. Now its not as cool as that, but those are some neat cars.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: Wheres the picture of Ji's old civic (not the black si) when it was resting on the bumpstops?

Dropped it off!

Well, the motor is at the machine shop where they will take it apart, boil it, inspect it, and if it gets a satisfactory inspection, will have new rings, bearings and seals installed so i can proceed to the fun part - puttin this in the CVCC. He did say it might be a week or two before they start on it, so it could be a while before i update this. Thanks for all the encouragement, stay tuned.

yeah, If i had unlimited funds, and more room in the engine bay, I'd go all out, but this is my first complete custom motor swap, and it needs to stay low budget. I'm plannin on sinkin a shitload of money into this car in the future, but I want to drive it first :)

Update Pics!

Been a while since i updated this. Engine will supposedly be done end of next week, so i wanna get my wiring sorted out this weekend. Anyway, here's how it sits now.

Stripped the interior to lay in the Integra wiring harness. (hopefully this weekend)
DSC01456.jpg

Removed the engine from the 78 CVCC. (Mandatory for this kind of project)
DSC01453.jpg

Another shot. Blah Blah.
DSC01452.jpg

Oh, the possibilities. (jk)
DSC01460.jpg

Back