78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dude i have good news... Hasport makes it possible to easily swap a B16 into my 84 civic so now i can FINALLY drive the damn thing sometime next year! wooohooo!!!

dude! i cant believe i found this, it's my first hs account (not banned btw) i just forgot the password and the correct spelling i did in the user name... i wanted to check and see if i posted any pics of my old car, but i guess i didnt... damn. i have no pics of my first honda... makes we want to cry, in fact i feel a tear coming now :(

and you know that post is old cuz Hasport has since discontinued those mounts lol

Actually didn't Klyph use his own custom mounts?

Who knows, guys. 2 things is either happening;
-he's making lots of progress on it and doesn't want to unveil it yet
or the more likely scenario
-he's got a LOT of other more important things in life to handle. Wasn't he having a child??? yeah. Kiss your car projects goodbye....

end of thread/666

Wow, this has been a pretty cool thread right up until the last few pages. It took me two days to read through everything and i bet i still missed a lot. I am currently in the process of rebuilding the motor for my CVCC and i was looking for any info i can find on the actual body/motor/suspension that i could find for it when i stumbled on to this bad ass project. Although it has no information that helps me out it is still WAY awesome what he has been doing. but my main reason for posting was the fact that i noticed that the post before mine mentioned cliff having a baby, the end of the thread and also it was post number 666.. . odd. just had to mention it. Hopefully if cliff ever gets back on here he posts that he hasn't given up on his project, just that it was post poned for some time. But with whatever he decides, BEST OF LUCK CLIFF!!

Post number 666, awesome! I hadn't noticed that. I may or may not have plans for it this summer. We'll see.

Dude, I know you're trying to expand your forum and everything, but even RHMT is getting tired of your borderline spam, and they let ANYTHING go. It would be more appropriate to post something worthwhile with maybe a link to your forum in your sig. Please don't clutter up this thread, I'm sure people will see this thread going active again and be all excited. I hate to let them down.

agreed.

it's one thing to offer a competitive link when it helps the O.P. When its totally off topic just for the sake of a link, it's spam.

consider yourself warned.

damn you klyph ... when i saw this on top of the list, i though... maybe there's something new in there... but no

just a alaskan fucker being mysterious about his build.. lol

i know your up to something, cuz alaska is close to russia and all, maybe some of the secrecy has rubbed off on you?

i NEED updates!

Hats off to you Klyph.

Just read the thread and man i'm quite impressed, I've grown up playing in an engineering shed that my dad works out of building farm machinery and general stuff like that and I own a 1979 Prelude that i was considering doing an a16a transplant into, but due to the awkwardness of possible necessity to re manufacture stuff, I've been hesitant, lookin forward to seeing your finished baby.

Great idea with the hockey puck mounts.

Having serious consideration to a Brake mod on my car, rear drum just dont cut it the way ppl here drive...

Hope you find time to devote to the project in the future man.

Cheers dude...

Mr. Klyph!

Look forward to seeing something good come from the summer from you and the car! If it's too much to handle, sell it to me and I'll finish it :)

Klyph, Just happend upon this thread. Great so far! I didn't know how you guys liked the 1gens. I've been messing with them for decades.. (mostly 1stgen stuff. Even a stock Honda TURBO engine/trans!)
You need suspension parts? I have some KYB inserts for the 1gen (look on the top of your struts, is it a hexagonal cap?) If so I got new inserts for ya All 4.. For the cause of course. If yours arent, I believe they can be still used. You would have to cut them open and clean all that stinky oil out and install these and weld up. I used 3rd gen prelude springs cut down and found some Koni adjustables a while back. PM me if you would like 'em

E

come on Klyph, get back to work.. ahhvtec is puttin you to shame right now

officerBarbrady.gif

Back