78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My garage has no floor drain :(
It's -5F outside :santa:
And it's not a show car, come on, what's a little dirt and grime? It prevents rust :p

+1 for rattlecan silver. It can't hurt. Just wash that bitch down with some brake cleaner, and wipe it down.

And I did the exact same thing to my nail with a spinning collet of a Hardinge lathe at work over the summer. Hurt like a mofo.

hum i like this swap but would a h22 type s fit in there or a gsr be a good swap for that car but i would like to see the 0-60 on this car when he is done wow

My garage has no floor drain :(

Don't need one. Just get some rags, spray them with brake cleaner, and start rubbin.
Then I'd follow that with some water, just to be sure theres no chemicals on there, b/c the paint will bubble/run right off grease/chemicals.

lookin good dude. ive been gone for a while, but its good to see that someone's got some taste on HS. :p

hum i like this swap but would a h22 type s fit in there or a gsr be a good swap for that car but i would like to see the 0-60 on this car when he is done wow

Dude...read before you comment. He's putting a 1.6-liter in there and it isn't even going to fit without modifying the frame rails. A B18 would be even harder to fit, and H22? Doubt you could get that to work...

Anyways, awesome project car man, can't wait to see how this turns out. Old school rides are always fun! Keep up the good work, and I agree with the others, I'd clean up the bay while you have the chance, since the engine's out and everything.

wow this could possibly be the most bad ass honda project i have EVER seen, your gonna have to submit it to a few mags...

You're givin me too much credit. This has been done before, by people with much more experience/skill. I might make it into readers rides, but it's probly not gonna make the front page.

oh but if it did make it to readers rides in super street, you could get a bad ass CF hood or something equally as bad ass for that pimpmobile... or what ever othere vehicles you have....

I don't think your following the whole "Sleeper" thing.
Sleepers aren't supposed to look awsome.
Thats what makes them sleepers

Andrew, you speak the truth. I'm not building a show car, I don't have the time or money for that. I'm building this car to enjoy driving it. No other reason. I could give a shit less about recognition in super street or any other mag. And CF hoods are:lame:

edit: I'll be postin pics of the brake upgrade as soon as I can get to it. Stay tuned!

yeah, but Honda Tuning does showcase a few ride that I didnt think were too magazine worthy, so you should be able to get a nice spread there...drop them a line when you about to finish it up, Im sure as hell they'd put that into the mag...

ok for brutal yes it has been done before, a h22 in that car i have seen it done in the dominican republic, it did not look as good as this car and engine but it ran well with some modifications, it got done with time and money. becouse all the rice cars imported to that country come with all jdm parts and are a bit cheaper, and as for the car theres plenty of older rice cars still runing and they are dirt cheape, but this swap is nice and when he gets the swap done, that ride is going to be the real sleeper.

Brake Upgrade!

Ok, this is in the experimental phase so I'm not totally sure if this will work. The plan for now is to use make a hybrid knuckle/spindle/rotor assembly using some of the Integra stuff, and some of the CVCC stuff.
Here's the setup:
CVCC knuckle | CVCC wheel bearing | Integra Spindle (Custom machined to CVCC specs) | Integra Rotor
I mic'd the bearings, the outer diam. is exactly the same, but the inner diam. and the depth are different. If I machine the Integra spindle shaft down so that it's the same diameter as the inside of the CVCC's wheel bearing and the same depth, I can use the Integra's Brake rotor and lug bolts (making it 4x100 and giving me a sweet brake upgrade). Since the spindle will be Integra, it also means the axles will have Integra ends at Both ends, and will just need to be shortened as opposed to a hybrid CVCC/Integra axle.
Here's a shot of the two rotors. CVCC on the left and Integra on the right.
IMG_0449.jpg

And here is a shot of the other side to show the spindle shaft that will have to be turned down in a lathe.
IMG_0450.jpg

I still need to mock these up to check for clearance as it appears the CVCC rotors extends out past the knuckle farther. If this works, I will shit my pants and sing hallelujah!

That thing will stop like nobody's business!!

This is gonna be awsome...
don't freeze up there in AK!

Back