78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow this project is the most bad ass project i have ever seen i'm religiously checking back every day so i can see every little update.... i think i'm more excited than klyph to see this bad boy get done...

Caliper Compare

Here's a shot of each brake caliper. As you can see, the Integra has about twice the pad surface area.
IMG_0187.jpg

Yeah, I know. Clean them off...

Yay for Cheap-ass Headers!

So I bought some Pace-Setter headers. As most of you probly know, bolt-on they're not. I compared the exhaust gasket to the head and it didn't lign up worth a shit, so I thought I would have to grind out the stud holes, and port match it. Luckily when i put the gasket up to the header, it was off by about the same amount. Long story short, the gasket they give you is bogus.
with an OEM gasket, Everything lined up, except the bracket that is attached to the downpipe. So it was time to learn how to weld...

Here's how far off the bracket was.
IMG_0170.jpg

So I had to do a little customization
IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

After bolting it back up, I had to bend some steel to get it close enough to weld.
IMG_0181.jpg

After Spotting it in place, I took it out and ran some welds across it. They aren't pretty, but it's strong enough to hold.
IMG_0183.jpg

Here's some final shots of it installed.
IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

You get what you pay for.

nice job nonetheless :)

brie bought a pacesetter monza catback for her 240sx, it lined up like nobody's business...

White paint? Kinda plain, I know, but it fits your them ... & a Type R as well.

Nice write up, great idea, (I remember) fun to drive ... PERFECT score!

Best wishes on your auto.

Sweet... now your at least 1 step closer to driving it(and pwning MANY newbs up there!).

We had that same problem on my friends Altima.. he tried to bolt a OBX header onto it..........
After a lot of grinding... he got it on.(I just stood there and laughed at how gay OBX is/was.

I guess it just shows that Pace Setter is too...

Cheap header Cheaper gasket

DSC01484.jpg

Here's what i was talking about the gasket (the copper one was included with the header)

I put the gasket on the head and almost shit a brick cuz I thought the header was the same way.
DSC01485.jpg

Luckily it was off by the same amount on the header.
DSC01488.jpg

The OEM gasket lined up like a dream.
DSC01486.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

Just a warning if you buy a pace setter header. Check and make sure everything fits right. Like I said, It's not bolt-on.

Just an update on the experimental brake upgrade. The hubs are at the machine shop getting lathed down. Should be done tomorrow, then I can press everything back together and see if this is gonna work!
/fingers crossed

UCA's? I got a lower control arm, and a coilover macpherson strut (stock). No suspension mods at this stage in the game. I want to eventually modify the front suspension to be double wishbone, but don't even know where to start, so it stays stock for now. Know of any really small cars with double wishbone front susp. i could fab in?

I was referring to the Upper control arm.
I'm not really familiar with any older cars with 2x wishbone.

I don't know if it's possible to just drill some holes out and mount it in... I think your better off as it is right now! Get it working as is, then worry about upgrading stuff... thats my opinion.

Back