79 Non-cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just found this thread, very nice. Awaiting updates eagerly.

My brother went through that whole thing to.....his lawyer held the case over till she was 18. slick basterd........ waitin' on updates.

well i did a LOT of fibeglassing yesturday. pretty much finished that messed up corner, pretty much finished the rear corner i started. started on the 2nd rear corner, and then ran out of hardner for the resin. so i didnt get a chance to get any farther. after i do some sanding and more primering so it looks decent again ill post a few more pics.

in the mean time... still stashing away money for the integ and hoping i can get back to work asap! so motor work is still a good month away.

na im 19, my gf is under 18 and preggo. so im getting pounded with this whole contributing sex to a minor bullshit.
I hope we're not going to see you on Date Line anytime soon, jk. Get that shit cleared up, you don't want to be on the offender list.

nice car, can't wait to see it done

thats the only good thing, is with my plea bargan they are offering right now i dont have to register thank god. taht would fuck everything up for me and make me lose my job.

ill for sure have her on the road by spring (as long as i dont lose my job) but i start getting a lot more progress in the next 2 months or so. im going to finish a litlte more fiberglass work and then ill be done for a little bit.

hey dont jinx me lol. i will have it on the road no ands ifs or butts about it. even if its being towed lol.

your wish is my command. a very little update. nothing special just a lot of sanding and primering. but either way heres a few pictures.

the rear bumper mostly done.

l_808e9237f7012ad87f9eb05f6ccb84a8.jpg

this is what happens when you use shitty fiberglass mat. it turns out all shitty looking. ill never use this shit again.

l_0ddf4b6bc478dd89b3213c9badfc33ec.jpg

same with the front. used that crappy stuff, now i got a lot of sanding work to do.

l_77142a5b205f965a88c84ef621308fac.jpg

i know i know i still need to fix that dent.

l_ae9312211eacb201487d552615df31c7.jpg

anyway im out of materials, and got a lot going on right now. so thats it for a little while. enjoy.

That's really cool. I wish I could find one of those here, my garage is almost big enough to keep it in/work on it.

thats what i hate about my garage right now... its sooo freaking huge i could park 10 of these things in there and have room to work on them... but theres so much god damn junk in there i cant get rid of its not even funny. im sure you have noticed the massive piles of crap in the back grounds of the pictures lol. some day that will all be gone. and ill actually have room to walk around in there lol.

I cleaned out my garage last week. I got 150 inches of clean, usable room. Then I realized my car is 165 inches long. :( I've still got room to do a headswap though. ;)

You're getting better at bodywork.
This new version is much improved over your previous efforts.
Stick with it, it will be a sweet car when you're done :thumbsup:

send it to a scrap metal place

a lot of it is rare and worth a lot of money. twice its weight in scrap metal. im slowly but surely selling all of it. but a lot of it will go to the dumb/scrap metal.

my first bumper i didnt line up correctly when i fiberglassed it, i knew it from the start but i was like oh well i can fix it. ha that was a joke. i knew from the begining i shoulda started over right then. so it wasnt as much of my skill has improved its i took my time this time to make sure it was lined up to start with lol. but either way thanks.

my friend (actually the guy i bought this civic from) call me up and is going to pay me to swap his cvcc wagon for him with a d16y8. so not this weekend, but next weekend we are going to start on that. so ill prob get bored and post pictures of that swap in here. and then after i make some money from it. it will get dumbed into my car and more updates will be on the way!

no clue. he has so many first gens its not funny. so its a 1st gen we will leave it at that. im thinking 76 but not positive.

I have an idea take it off tire and other shit that you have it on and than you will know what to buy instead of fucking with the car 6 billon times do it right and it will look good. Trust me i`m not so fucking stupid.

Back