8.8 earthquake in Chile

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haiti, Chile, San Francisco, Japan, freakin' Illinois... Lots of seismic activity around the planet lately.

I blame either the Cloverfield monster or CHUDs.

Last edited:
my dad told me about the earthquake this morning. My mom has been up since 2am, getting a hold of family to see if they're ok. I have aunts, uncles and cousins in santiago (my uncle's house had a slight amount of damage, but they're ok), concepcion, temuco, valdivia, villarrica, and some others that i'm forgetting. Everyone's ok, and the southern cities didn't get hit too hard. Valdivia is closer to the ocean, so they're going to be on watch for other weather and water related stuff.

So yeah.... Some people care about chile, hahaha.

i am all for helping a country in need............... I dont think chlie will need much help

No student loans at least.
Undergrad is already paid. Graduate will be about 20 when I'm done. Extremely low rates. Not even worth making principal payments on.

earthquake shortend the earths day by 1.26 mil. sec. and shifted its axis by 3 in. wtf?

lmao

Edit: Check out these comments on that Yahoo article:
John R said:
how are republicans going to blame the chile earthquake and axis shift on president obama?
And the first reply to that question:
Christine said:
You have it wrong. Obama will claim he inherited the earthquake problem from Bush.

Last edited:
every one knows it was Dick Cheney playing with the earthquake beam in his "Death Star"

Back