80,000 issued traffic tickets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

comutek

get this, only 1 life is saved for every 80,000 traffic tickets issued. our law enforcement has a serious problem with it's priorities.

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/news/report/n...y9/traffic.html

The researchers said their data also suggest that one life is saved for every 80,000 tickets issued; one emergency department visit is prevented for every 1,300 tickets; and $1,000 in societal cost is saved for every 13 tickets. Because traffic laws in Canada and the United States are similar, Tibshirani said the findings should apply in both countries.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jul 16 2003, 05:20 PM
Heaven forbid they actually "serve and protect". :p

well just think of the time they spend to save one life, compared to the dozens of lives they could save w/ the same time applied to truly dangerous crimes.

Now don't get me wrong here, a lot of BS tickets are given out, but how else do you expect to enfore laws? And the police have nothing to do with creating or editing laws... so common sense laws and police haven't much to do with eachother... write you congressman for that... :lol:

You realize it saves us 6,143,846 dollars a year buy them writing tickets
That’s right moms, dads, and children don't get hurt 61 times

Shit IF YOU DO THE CRIME DON"T FUCKING WHINE

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 17 2003, 12:38 AM
You realize it saves us 6,143,846 dollars a year buy them writing tickets
That’s right moms, dads, and children don't get hurt 61 times

Shit IF YOU DO THE CRIME DON"T FUCKING WHINE

nobody has said speeding is OK or cops should go to hell. i'm a big fan of cops.

i'm saying "law enforcement has a serious problem with it's priorities"

yup

like tearing down or cleaning up the ghettos instead of harassing middle class folks on driving a little fast. :bash:

I have more tickets than anybody on here and i dont bitch I got caught and thats that.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 17 2003, 12:52 AM
I have more tickets than anybody on here and i dont bitch I got caught and thats that.

well hey, thanks for saving us money.

Back