80 year old driver.....want's to race.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If anybody races at LACR, there is an old lady, about 65 yrs old, who comes out with her husband and they each bring their Ford Lightnings. fastest i've seen her run is a 13.4...she's faster than me :ph34r: :(

Paul Newman is not your normal driver. An entire trend and etched-in-stone racing outfit has been created and destroyed by what this man does on the track.

He's also a really friendly guy. You can see him tooling around Westport most days where he still visits local shops, and is always up for going out for lunch. Last time I saw him he had a RUF. Or was it a Club Sport. Can't remember.

Even outside of his celebrity, his driving broke new grounds - And you should be especially interested in what he's done for the Z/ Fairlady lineups, and what he and Bob Sharp (Bob Sharp Nissan, Danbury) have done for Nissan's racing program altogether.

Porsche has put the rock in Paul's spoon for little over 20 years now. He's a factory racer for their programme.

-> Steve

Paul Newman is great. I have a friend who has some Cobra Kit Cars, and he let Paul Newman drive his cobra at Lime Rock... He said he was AMAZED at how that man can drive ANY vehicle.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 7 2005, 07:53 PM
hasn't paul been racing for a long time?
[post=457628]Quoted post[/post]​

From the sound of it, I would say so. I hope I can still do that when I'm 80....

i have heard about him doing CART or something... i know it's open wheel... he was doing racing for them, and i remember reading somewhere a while back that he's been doing it for a long time. i'm curious on how long now though.

I would have to say since the late 60s, early 70s.

He's got more track time than Carroll Shelby. I always felt that Paul Newman deserved his own exclusive line of cars.

-> Steve

Back