800 bucks and dont know what to do to my b20 teggy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LS vtec for $800? that would be nice. Id boost it a 6-7 psi. Thas pretty much the standard for a relatively stock honda motor. Keep the LS tranny, ive always heard longer gears are better for boost, and it makes sense since your boosting for longer, and not shiffting as much. good luck

You have to understand there's two ways to make your gears longer; changing the cars(which will determine how much the RPM's will drop), and the final drive. You can get just as long gears, and spend time in the gears, with just swapping a final drive. You also stay in your powerband since the revs don't drop as much.

Keep in mind as well that a b20 has weaker and thinner cylinder walls then a b18.A b20 is a b18 block bored from a 81mm to a 84mm. If you want to run high boost you have to look into sleeving your block. I wouldnt personally boost any more then 6-7 p.s.i. if it is going to be daily driven. Just my 2 cents. I have been looking into boosting a b20 for a while but this weeker cylinder wall thing is keeping me away. Especially for everyday driving.

well my b20 has stock internals so if its anything like the ls there good for 270-300hp on stock bottom end. i wouldnt want to risk it anymore then 13 max 8-10 everyday. well if its that much more power gain then im going to turbo it. im going for a fast car so its sounding like boooooosssssttttt

Before you get all wiggy with the horsepower, what is your brake and suspension setup?

And I'd go x143840128479888 for going to a driving school (NASA HPDE FTW!!), I was in a 1992 Acura with about $2000 invested in the engine (As a passenger) and we blew the doors off a Murcielago because he had no clue how to handle his car. Seat time, then brakes/suspension, THEN worry about putting enough power to the wheels to turn you into a greasy spot on the road.

John

read my signature and then click on the link to gude performance. the best money ive ever spent......the 1/4 time says it. let me know if you want more info.

i have $800 and a jdm b20b in my teg with basic bolt ons including, arp headstuds, block guard, 4.2.1 header, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, and a fuel pressure reg. what can i do to help my hp with 800? there way to many options and i dont know which one to take..turbo, vtec head, nirous or build to high compresion. its my daily and i want it quicker. HELP asap PLEASE!!!!

just turbo and call it a day

10psi huh, depends on the turbo a t25 on 10 psi will make not much power but a nice large t3/t4 at 10psi will push alot more power. its about horsepower goals not how much boost psi to push

Back