80's toyota pickup FTW

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think that Toyota was paid a visit by extraterrestrial beings in 1979 and were given the engineering plans to develop what we all know and admire as the 1980 to 1989 Toyota Truck and its related platforms.

No human being could have possibly engineered a mass-market truck with this kind of endurance in the late '70s.

I find it funny that the tagline for the new Nissan Titan is "Endurance". Toyota has 20+ years on them with that attribute.

I.... uhh.....its........ it......... through a..... into the............ on fire....... and then fell.....................

That doesnt.... I am buying a 22re tomorrow.

:concur:
lol thats pretty much exactly how i was watching that
simply amazing
the fucking thing still drove into the studio under its own power
ive always kinda liked the old toyota pickups... now i NEED to get one
simply amazing

Notice you dont see Fords/Chevy's/Chrysler's with 200k miles taking an ass kicking like that.

Well the what fuck man... I've done the stairs, I had no rust, but the axle was so rotted that it wouldn't run...
and only after 260,000 miles ! I was gyped.

Yeah, watching this only makes me want to get another one.

Line up to buy the last Celerity Built 20R Hybrid !

i had one of them after my integra, carbed, lifted all that good stuff, sold it and got my civic

id like another one that wasnt so beat up.... but that thing took a lickin and kept on tickin, i beat the hell out of it and it would just ask for more

I destroyed mine. Lowerend knock.

the 22RE gas engine is a great engine, but the diesels are a different beast. Just like the MB Deisels. My friend has one that developed this NASTY knock (Like a hammer hitting the block) about 7 months ago and it still fucking drives. He actually bought my Celica from me (The one that George7777 deep sixed) and that Mercedes outlived the Celica despite being in a constant state of throwing a rod.

-> Steve

Sort of looked like a Baja truck at the end. lol.

it was also a toyota DIESEL...damnit if gas wasnt so expensive...oh well, ive only replaced the battery in my protege, and ive run that into a mail box, garage, tree, hit a wall...ahhh, my younger years...that car would NOT DIE...its still in the driveway...with a dead battery.

Back