'82 Toyota Starlet (Pictures)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My only question: 3TGTE or 4.8 liter V8 ? Hmmm

Balance ? This ain't a fine automobile here. Besides an aluminum V8 is way less weight than even the original iron / iron 1.6 liter that was in there.

Or 1.8. Hell, I forgot what these cars got. 3T I believe. This has a 4TC in it with holley carb. Again though, iron / iron.

You seen a 3TGTE up close ? It's a coffee table.

Aluminum modular motor? Why didn't you say so. I figured you were gonna drop an SBC in there and call it a day. :mrgreen:

I have a friend on the Celica Club (Old Celicas Club) named Al Kolenda Al is fucking unreal in his mechanical abilities and attention to detail. Al is installing the Cobra DOHC in his 1981 Celica liftback. With a really hooked up shop, lots of time and a lot of expertise it's taken him over a year to get it right. He went with the Mustang transmission and ford 9" rear to hold it all together. The front end is so re-engineered that most of car isn't even Toyota anymore. The Wiring is completely re-done.

Talk about a hassle.

Well we made alittle progress with the starlet. We found that the clutch cable was torn inside the jacket so that fixed our clutch issue, we however need to pick up a new rear end for it and adjust the valves. Im workin on getting a manual for it just havnt takin the time to order it. When my brother sells his Volvo we will most likely rebuild the entire suspension with Autocross in mind. Ill post up the rest of the pictures I took when i get alittle more time.

I think I have one of those Corolla wagons...

I don't remember if its a 2 door or 4 door though.

Its at our body shop in Lincoln...I'll check next time I'm there

Back