84-87 civic swap to B18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a quick question i have a 86 crx and i want to swap the engine to a b16 what will i need to change in order for the engine to fit into my car? any help will go a long way :D

Hasport sells the mounts for 600 bucks, but its easier to make your own for the b18. The zc engine will swap with only changing the tranny mount.

Bracket, the mounts are the same between the 86 crx and 86 integra. You need to use the integra's transmission bracket, either rear mount will work and use the crx's front drivers mount to swap a D16a1 or ZC.

The hardest part of a b series swap in the 1st gen rex is wiring the electrical advance distributor and changing the crx spindles out for the 86 integra ones. Down hill from there on, youll need a custom set of axles.

SO now youre going to use a 1-gen teg body?? or just the engine/trans?
Get the front suspension out of the teg if you use the civic.
It will swap right in and you'll have a bigger swaybar and pwr steering.
If it's a civic hatch, use the rear complete axle with e-brake cables.
If youre intrested, I have a pair of Eibach rear civic springs that I'm not going to use. Pm me if you want.

E

This thread is from three years ago guys, and I don't see any need for it to be resurrected, so it's getting locked. 86 white rex, please check the dates on threads before you hit "Reply" from now on. Feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate forum though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back