84 accord hatch swap F20A? Any mounts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

84Accordhatch

I've been looking for any swap's for my 2nd gen accord and it's unheard of. But I've been looking for an engine I could fit under my hood and still have room for turbo's or supercharger. I'm looking at turning this car into a competitive track car. It's possible to since the car ways at 2k weight and if I trim a lot of metal off it could be really light and tight around curves. I know that there is a lot more powerful engines but my car stock has 86hp and still scoots I can't imagine 150hp with just engine in that thing, it would fly. So I know its possible but is there mounts out there? Or do I have to make them?

Actually I'd probably shoot for something like a D16Z6. Those E-series engines were predecessors to the D-series motors introduced in the late 80s, so in terms of getting it to fit in the bay without too much fabrication that's probably your best bet. The D16Z6 makes about 130 horses to the crank right off the bat. Add in a snail and you could be looking at 160-200 horses to the wheels...

Back