85 honda Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gmatrix730

I have an 85 honda civic and I want to know what everyone thinks the best engine swap would be? The engine has been overhauled and runs perfect for having over 200,00 miles on it. The only damage is the clearcoat coming off and the seats are worn out. It has brand new carpet too.

the easiest swap on the 3gen Civic is the brown top ZC or the less hp 86-87 integra D16A1 - you can also swap in a B16A, but it is rather expensive and more difficult - what model is your Civic - if it is Si, the ZC or D16A1 is pretty simple - if it is not Si, it will be a lot more work, as you will have to swap out the entire fuel system and most of the wiring

you could also do the jdm 140hp d15 but you would have to go to obd1 or run a zdyne or sonthing

Originally posted by 97hatch@Mar 4 2004, 10:27 AM
you could also do the jdm 140hp d15 but you would have to go to obd1 or run a zdyne or sonthing

this engine in no way will bolt into a 3gen Civic, unless you fabricate all custom mounts, axles, and shift linkage

This is close to what mine looks like

85_honda_civic.jpg

I'm pretty sure the brown valve cover "ZC" you are refering to is the D16A1, thats what i swapped into my crx...

I have a couple SI motors out of 86-87 CRX's SI's...

91 horsepower, one has 90K and the other like 115K miles on em...
can't use them anymore since i went with the integra motor...

I am very happy with the DOHC D16 in my crx, so if you don;t want a cheap SI motor, then look for a wrecked or otherwise, very cheap early integra...

Originally posted by gmatrix730@Mar 6 2004, 01:07 PM
This is close to what mine looks like

85_honda_civic.jpg

carbuereted (sp*), very difficult to swap. You need new fuel lines, pump, a entire harness for the engine......not worth the all that effort to just get a old CRX Si or gen1 teg motor in there.

DOHC D series were in every early integra

1986 87 was 113 hp

88 and 89 was 118

Back