850cc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bnznrc

picked up a turboed 2000 civic with a sweet setup, sleeved and strocked b16 to
1.8, 9:1 je pistons H beam rods, JE victor x manifold ,drag 3 turbo kit, and some stand alone system ive never heard of, nology wires, msd coil & 6btm, and 850cc
injectors dynoed at 350hp at wheels, i went to the track this week end and only managed to run a 15.9, i was running a traction bar and nitto drag radials. so
tractiomn was not that big of and issue, vehicle pulled strong until 15psi
after that it would just bog and blow black smoke, im thinking that these 850cc
injectors are too big, any ideas on what size injector i should use.

Originally posted by bnznrc@Apr 18 2004, 06:45 PM
injectors are too big

ya think? lol

try some 550's and hondata :thumbsup:

BTW 450's can push 350whp if tuned right

with a stand alone, you can't just swap injectors and call it a day.

WHAT standalone are you using. just because you haven'theard of it, doesn't mean that we havent :)

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA+Apr 18 2004, 08:08 PM-->
@Apr 18 2004, 06:45 PM
injectors are too big

ya think? lol

:werd:

850cc...how much did those run you?

where did you get the stand alone from?

the stand alone is called honda/acura link from mac engineering, the guy i bought
it from had the entire engine built and tuned at a local denver area shop that has since goen out of buisness, and the other shops around here are only seem to be
familiar on how to tune hondata and aem.

hrm, i never heard of that either. google is pulling nothing but mac computers. lol
can you be any more speciific about the unit?

those injectors shouldn't be a prob as long as you have an injector multiplier like hondata aem etc... i just got 870s for like 225shipped so i'm going to be usin those. Its crazy over kill cause i only expect like a little over 300whp, but it leaves space to add on later, and they were cheaper than any 550 i have ever seen, and i can use my hondata to tune them down

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA+Apr 18 2004, 10:08 PM-->
@Apr 18 2004, 06:45 PM
injectors are too big

ya think? lol

For his built motor 850cc injectors should be just fine. 450's are good to about 300whp by the way.

"bnznrc" You need to figure out how to tune that engine management you have. If you can't I would look into uberdata/hondata for fuel management and get your car tuned.

Back