85mm block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twotwo

Hello guys im in the process of gettting my motor rebuilt and have a few questions...i have an 1.8 GSR block that will be going under surgery getting resleeved and the works.....so my question is will i be safe to run an 85mm bore??....also what at kind of compression can i be running with 91 or 93 pumped gas???....im going N/A daily driven but want the most power without sacrificing reliabilty......any input would be great.....thank you and have a nice day!!!

85mm sleeved is ok for all motor. piston choice gets a little more limited though, so keep that in mind.

91 vs 93 is a big difference IMO. can you ALWAYS get 93 octane?
i wouldn't go more than 11:1 on 91, but on 93, i'd say mid 12's:1 would be fine....

93 is no problem....so your saying im in the clear with running 85mm bore and around 12:1 compression??....thank you and have a nice day!!!

I would go with 84, if anything should go wrong you can bore it out larger to fit a little bit larger piston, if you ran the 85mm then like B said the choices get scarce

:iconcur: Go with the 84 to begin with, that way if something goes wrong your not maxed out. You still have 84.5 and 85 to go.

Nah, I'm running 85mm and I still have 85.5mm, 86mm, 86.5mm, and 87mm to go. Plenty of room for rebuilds.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 5 2003, 11:02 PM
Nah, I'm running 85mm and I still have 85.5mm, 86mm, 86.5mm, and 87mm to go. Plenty of room for rebuilds.

:lol:

:owned: :p

Back