1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

85mm block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by twotwo, Nov 5, 2003.

1. twotwo

twotwo Senior Member

Hello guys im in the process of gettting my motor rebuilt and have a few questions...i have an 1.8 GSR block that will be going under surgery getting resleeved and the works.....so my question is will i be safe to run an 85mm bore??....also what at kind of compression can i be running with 91 or 93 pumped gas???....im going N/A daily driven but want the most power without sacrificing reliabilty......any input would be great.....thank you and have a nice day!!!

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

85mm sleeved is ok for all motor. piston choice gets a little more limited though, so keep that in mind.

91 vs 93 is a big difference IMO. can you ALWAYS get 93 octane?
    i wouldn't go more than 11:1 on 91, but on 93, i'd say mid 12's:1 would be fine....

3. twotwo

twotwo Senior Member

93 is no problem....so your saying im in the clear with running 85mm bore and around 12:1 compression??....thank you and have a nice day!!!

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I would go with 84, if anything should go wrong you can bore it out larger to fit a little bit larger piston, if you ran the 85mm then like B said the choices get scarce

5. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

:iconcur: Go with the 84 to begin with, that way if something goes wrong your not maxed out. You still have 84.5 and 85 to go.

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Nah, I'm running 85mm and I still have 85.5mm, 86mm, 86.5mm, and 87mm to go. Plenty of room for rebuilds.

:lol:

7. ek9r

ek9r Senior Member

:owned: :p

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted