'86 Accord barn find

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordian81

Hey so I'm new to Honda's in general and i found this '86 Honda Accord LX sedan(carbureted)and it doesnt want to idle when it cold and runs too fast when its at normal temperature, any thoughts?

carb's gummed up and probably several of the 'thousands' of vacuum lines are rotted and sucking air.
Fill the tank with premium gas and a can of Seafoam in there. OH, should add to the oil as well.
Is it an auto?
flush auto fluid a couple times with cheap stuff then finalize it with Honda auto fluid.
If it's a manual, put in some Amsoil 0w20 or 0w30 in the trans and be done with it.
E

i remember when i bought my 1984 accord it ran soo bad it had the same problems as your basicly it took me alot of times and alot of work ( didnt know about carbs at the time) its most likely a vaccum leak get a aerosol can that has a flmable liquid ( brake cleaner or carb cleaner) and spray every vaccum line if it idles better and smoother u found ur vaccum leak if nothing changes get a carb rebuild kit and completey rebuild ur carb and clean it goooood! make sure u adjust the floats properly and also check your idle control screw theres alot mroe things you can do so jsut try those first

Back