86 Acura Integra Ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Its pretty clean . Dude had to have the teg
1220141837.jpg

So when you went through the engine you didn't replace rod bearings? Just the mains?

"I replaced all the gaskets, and the main bearings, the rings, pistons/rods and wrist pins are factory (never removed the pistons) , with the .030 shaved zc head and cams on browntop electronics, it feels alot better than my old motor, I'm pretty positive the black top bottom end is higher comp than the brown top, the engine thats in the teg now was the one I was PLANNING on swapping into the 79".

I'm not picking on ya here. That sux pretty bad.

The new ride looks pretty good. Start another thread for it.

quick, sell it for $2500, add $500 and get a DC2 integra. $200 springs, diy turbo for $800 and some $500 tires. you're set.

He's trashed enough of 'em now, should be nearing saturation on phuking cars up - maybe just drive one for a while. :) I don't think a Turbo would be a good idea.

Im going to put my spare coilover sleeves on it, a actual front lip, fogs, and prob trade it off/sale for another dc teg, or sale it tax time, and add to my return or give cash on top for a rsx

Here's just pics the guy sent me before he brought the car
IMG_16902866814493.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_16897932524856.jpeg
    IMG_16897932524856.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 333
Meh I blame it on improper engine break in, I did throw the motor in and went straight on a trip for thanksgiving with no 4th gear, another life lesson, dont think im not dissapointed the engine assembled failed soo early

Time for a recap:
Well guys, stacked rod bearing on cylinder 4 , engine made it 708 miles since I put the head on it, looks like spare bottom going in this weekend, 0 mile engine should be stout af if the first hybrid motor was stout

Facepalmorangflipped.png

Which brings me to this:
From what can be seen of the head picture, the short block is worn out. Doing top end performance work on a worn out bottom end is pissing in the wind...

The way the thread reads is "I drove home a '86 in decent condition and pulled the head - LO and behold there was a chipped valve". As farked up as the valve is there ain't no way the cylinder fired which means it would have been limping along on 3 of 4 cylinders....burned out cat, the whole thing....

My vote - it's a $700 pile of shit ready for the crusher.

Hmmmmm.....

Meh I blame it on improper engine break in, I did throw the motor in and went straight on a trip for thanksgiving with no 4th gear, another life lesson, dont think im not dissapointed the engine assembled failed soo early

New thinks break-in wasn't an issue for a rod failure in this case - probably just worn out, loose and beat itself to death.

I replaced all the gaskets, and the main bearings, the rings, pistons/rods and wrist pins are factory (never removed the pistons) , with the .030 shaved zc head and cams on browntop electronics, it feels alot better than my old motor, im pretty positive the black top bottom end is higher comp than the brown top, the engine thats in the teg now was the one I was PLANNING on swapping into the 79

When it's torn down to the point of replacing mains, the rod bearings are probably wasted as well. Just sayin. Not really a woulda coulda shoulda.

Bottom end was just tired IMO.

EDIT: I know from firsthand experience on the D16A6 that was in the hatch. 135,000 miles - punk kid miles before I bought it (98,000). It started smoking and I hoped valve guides so I put a rebuilt head on it. Lasted less than a year and smoked so bad I would push in clutch on deceleration to keep it from pumping oil and making a cloud of smoke when taking off again.

Last edited:
Back