86 Acura Integra Ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jesus christ, is that you? it's like you have a bunch of these fuzzy orange caterpillars on your chin.
black-fuzzy-caterpillar-identification-southern-california-16.jpg

Well guys, stacked rod bearing on cylinder 4 , engine made it 708 miles since I put the head on it, looks like spare bottom going in this weekend, 0 mile engine should be stout af if the first hybrid motor was stout

Facepalmorangflipped.png

Last edited:
From what can be seen of the head picture, the short block is worn out. Doing top end performance work on a worn out bottom end is pissing in the wind.....

The way the thread reads is "I drove home a '86 in decent condition and pulled the head - LO and behold there was a chipped valve". As farked up as the valve is there ain't no way the cylinder fired which means it would have been limping along on 3 of 4 cylinders....burned out cat, the whole thing....

My vote - it's a $700 pile of shit ready for the crusher.

shit im bringing this car back to life , and it loves it, this car has not even given me a hiccup and I rev it to the moon daily

Well guys, stacked rod bearing on cylinder 4 , engine made it 708 miles since I put the head on it, looks like spare bottom going in this weekend.........

Uhum Uhum cough cough....... ROFL Dumbass! (it's ok for me to laugh and fuck with ya - after all, I spun #3 RB in mine a year after I built it)

%232%20Rod%20Bearing.jpg

Spun%20Bearing%202.jpg

Last edited:
I was expecting to have to do it eventually, just not day before haloween, came out of nowhere also , all happened within 1 mile, literally was 4 red lights from my house, noticed a ticking sound at idle , got louder all way home, opened hood in driveway, set rpm to 2500 and started pulling wires in order, put them all back on and within 10 seconds engine seized

They never break when you expect them to. Always at an inopportune time. I've finally surrendered to the fact that they last longer at 6500 RPM than at 8000 RPM. But for me, a career gearhead of 47+ years, it's been an extended evolution to backing it down a little. I started my traffic ticket career in juvenile traffic court at age 13 with citations for riding a mini-bike on the street and it went from there to dirt bikes and on to cars and trucks. I wouldn't even speculate how many speeding tickets I've paid over the years.....

Now that I've finally "Mellowed Out" a little and slowed down (cough cough) I drive one of these. Stock? Of course not, this one has $3 grand of alarm and 1150w music system, 4.11 gears and may get 4.56 soon. Slower? Yep. Can it piss people off? Oh yeah!!! :) All ya gotta do is push the 4x4 Lo button and wheel out the back of a Starbucks over a couple of curbs and parking pillows, across a little lawn and they go berserk..... Cops too! WTF, at least it's not speeding and endangering others. :) Now it's just a little benign lawn crossing every now and then. Back in the day it was crossing lawns on a 400cc 2 stroke with 12-18" of air under the front tire and a Rooster tail of mulch coming off of a 4.50 x 18 Metzler knobby tire.....

ZR2%20Right%20Side.jpg

Last edited:
lol im going to drive the 79 for a few days while I put the engine in , only thing I dont have is a clutch alignment tool, also will give me a good opportunity to really clean the engine bay , tbh yes ive probably been revving that engine far higher than needed, butt It never ever hesitated or felt like it didn't like it, might also convert to electronic advance while ive got the engine out

I've revved dozens of engines higher than they should have been taken. Welcome to the club. You can make a clutch alignment tool with a piece of dowel stock. Get a piece smaller than the pilot in the flywheel and wrap a little electrical tape on it to size. Use duct tape for the clutch fit part and use a little finesse when torquing the pressure plate to make sure the dowel is straight. That works as good as the plastic pieces of shit they sell. That's how I did the ZC when assembling as I wanted to get it done and in the car and not take the time to make one on the lathe. In hindsight, I should have made one up as it would take less than an hour of machine time.

If you give me the dimensions I'll turn you one tomorrow from aluminum round stock and send it your way saturday. Then you'll have a tool for future projects.

I did this for adjustable cam pulley indexing alignment of adjustable pulley with OEM stock pulley when building the ZC - had to cut a keyway slot in it too.

Cam%20Pulley%204.jpg

Cam%20Pulley%205.jpg

well came in on my off day today with the shortblock , got it all together and called it a night, its ready to go in tomorrow

397567_10154759312690076_5076564196683065645_n.jpg

10672067_10154760342505076_4833299283830761391_n.jpg

Throw some kitty litter down or mop that floor b4 somebody busts their ass. Good job BTW.

and it runs, fired RIGHT UP , pretty proud of myself, drove it home tonight no issues, thing is after stacking last bearing, kinda scared to get on it esp with 0 miles

and new engine holds itself in car
10306226_10154762705820076_2001313989795006640_n.jpg

andddd it runs first try

why didn't you clean the engine bay while the engine was out?

believe it or not I cleaned ALOT, I didnt have a whole lot of time really , sprayed with purple power and rinsed off with hose, honestly need my daily back and was more concerned with getting it running , also cleaned the ever loving HELL out of the transmission before install also, lol engine/trans is spotless and no more grease cake in the bay , just really needs hit at the car wash now

Back