86 crx dx b16 swap ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a b16, engine,transmission,harness,computer. what more do I need ?

you might want to upgrade your car first...

the first gen crx's are nice, but very limited parts and shit for them...

don't get me wrong, it would fly... but why?
you could do a much cheaper D16A1 first gen integra twin cam swap for very cheap with impressive results...

it broke down 600 miles away in witchita.so the shop i took it to has a b16a3 from a delsol si.

just fix it and get it home, you will need a lot more than just the motor swap to get this running...

also need mounts and axles, DPFI->MPFI if you don't already have MPFI, just a whole lot of shit that makes it not worth it

i was going to do swap in two years anyway.want 200+ hp .plan on 4500 dollars. went to hasport web site.so i know it is spendy. need to out race my dads corvette.

but why an 86 crx?
do you have any rot?
do you ever plan on exterior mods?
do you want better handling than your torsion bars in front can offer?
there are too many reaosns NOT to dump 4500 into this old of a car...

and a B16 will not yield 200 horses...

you should do a D16A1 swap or DIY turbo...

ok, well do whatever you want, but i still think you're out of your god damn mind to drop 4500 into that car...

you will never get the money back out, and you will most likely never get the car to meet your goals... suspension is ok for stock, but needs major mod to make it into a good autox...

not a problem,dont think ill have the perfcet car over night . will be full on race car.never need to sell.

so you knowingly want to choose a car with TORSION bars for front suspension as a full race car???

hmmm, so what sort of mechanic background do you have?

so could you tell me what 1st gen crx racers use?becuase i know they race 1st gen crxs.

yea, i know they race them too...

and as an owner of a first gen crx that i have done a motor swap in myself, not a shop, i think you are fucking crazy to dump that much money in a car that old and lacking the aftermarket support that you can have from a newer chassis

do me a favor and just THINK about it, thats all i ask... any rational person would reconsider before making such an investment...

ok, what is the most horse power engine i can put in without putting in new front end?what d series will drop right in?

thank god i talked some sense into you :)
not trying to bust your balls but 4500 is a lot to dump into an old car...

check out the refrence section, articles, read only, swap articles

first gen crx FAQ

the 86-89 integras had a twin cam D series motor thats an ideal canidate for a first gen crx swap
the 86-87 had a brown valve cover and netted 113 horses, which is 25 horse over stock, and the 88-89 had a black valve cover and netted 118 horse...
you can either motor but you MUST use the 86-87 distributor and ecu cause thats the only years that had vacuum advanced ignition...

Back