86 monte carlo LSS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDK, I think he's right. I dont see chrome trim and crap on an SS. They got plastic molded in bumpers like the front end.
2montecarloSS88Blk.jpg

Yeah the ss has plastic molded in. Here is a couple pics of an 86 monte ss I redid a couple of years ago for someone.

Attachments

• 100_0213.JPG
    100_0213.JPG
    515.9 KB · Views: 970
  • 100_0214.JPG
    100_0214.JPG
    525.7 KB · Views: 351
I think the Aero Coupe was the Dale Earnhardt edition.
The one with the bubble rear windshield.

If you get under the car and look on the axle from the trans end, there should be a stamp on the pass side tube about 6-8" from the 'chunk'.
I had to use a flapper/grinder to clean off the paint to look for the stamping.
And just like most all the GM's, it should be stated on the tag under the hood on the firewall. And it should be a 3.73 gear with the stock swaybar. I think for an SS it already had the hp suspension. I'm not sure if they called it "F-41" or not. If you can find a build sheet that would be great. It can be up ontop of the gas tank, behind the rear seat, under the springs or in a door..
Take a look at the 'N.M.C.O.A.' they should have all the info you would ever need for your new baby.
E

Troy doesnt have a real SS, he has an LS with an ss front end. I was talking about my friends dads monte carlo SS. And im not sure what you mean by 'bubble rear windshield' but i dont think it has that.

He's talking about the aero rear window. Chevrolet made them basically look like a hatchback for aerodynamics on their NASCAR racers. A certain number had to be made for the street to be competition legal. They're ugly as hell but functional. Look up pics. (im on my phone and it takes more time than its worth.)

yes i have an LS converted to SS..and the aero is fucking stupid..i hate it..
anyways..this car is mixmatched so i dont know what is what..

A major 'good thing' is that there are TONS of aftermarket parts for the G-body. From a Choo-Choo customs body panels to model specific suspension piece$e$.
Plus you can build up a 312 (I think) by using a 265 crank (3.00"), longer (i forgot)rods and 350 pistons (4.00+) that make a nice big bore fast revvin small CI motor. Kinda like they made the 302 back in the late 60's.
Good luck with it. At least some parts will be cheaper than the 4cyl stuff.

E

well its already got the 350 in it(5.7L) i plan to do a build because 350 blocks go for cheap around here

so its atleast an 87 motor...i wish i could figure the numbers out..
but anyway..any ideas on a cam??

LMGTFY... :p
Engine Block Codes for CID 350

"The Engine Block Casting code is one of the best ways to identify a Chevy engine block. This casting number is usually found at the rear of the block on the left or drivers side on top of the bellhousing flange."

ive looked all over for something like that..,but anyway heres what ive gotten.lol doesnt tell much,because i knew it had to atleast be an 86 motor
10054727 1986-up 350
2/4 one piece rear seal, some "Made in Canada"

I searched "chevy engine decoder," bout 4-5 down lol. If its Canadian, maybe it was a Camaro block. I dont know what all was made up there, but I know for sure Camaros were.

Back