86 monte carlo LSS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i can post up all the numbers on the block if it would help..
but so far i know its a 5.7L 350 from canada made after 86..fuck it i guess

I'm guessing truck motor, or F-body. If youre lucky it could be a crate motor.

not a big monte carlo fan. SS or LS who gives a shit. I guess i'll take the better of the 2. :p

sorry i couldn't help myself. I'm bored out of my mind at work. :( If your going to build it....stroke it!!!

stroker kit can SMD!!!!
im just going for a high compression build..rods,pistons,cam,valves,springs,retainers,headwork..crank is staying.

k so im slowly getting info..previous owner said its out of a 91 chevy 1500 truck

There should be a stamping up front, right under the pass head, just over the water-pump port. If it's a replacement engine, it may not show anything there, and casting 'Hecho Mexico' anywhere were the Goodwrench replacement motors. Those that I was familiar with were the '010' casting, (last 3-digits)
They're were 2/4bolts. The 2bolt ones had more meat in the main webs for splayed caps that are said to be stronger than the 4bolt ones..
For the next block you look for, Set the block on end (waterpump side down) and look right down at the cam.. Is the hole centered? If it's not keep looking. CORE SHIFT is very prevalent. I sold a really nice block to a guy that said he was going to build a motor for his daughters car, then traded for a rebuilt Jasper one.. Man, I could have given him a junk one if I knew he wasn't going to use it. There was just something about that block, everything just looked good on it..

Anyhow, Keep away from crank casting #'s that are the same from 305's and 350's.. The balance WILL BE OFF!! (ie. '442' casting)

I've got a few older books for casting #'s.
Sometimes the castings marks are just barely readable.
I can take a look fer ya.

E

Come to think of it I gots a draw-thru turbo off of a late 70's/early 80's trans am.
I wanted to put it on a 4.1 Buick V6 but it's just sitting.

E

its sitting in my driveway lol..ive learned since ove gotten the car that im not ready to leave honda/acura yet...while i love monte carlos i still need an import to work on..
so i have not done anything with the car..i go out occasionally to start the car,but i dont have any drive to work on it,or anything...so its been up for sale or trade the past almost 2 weeks..

I'm laughing because you are addicted to hondas

Back