86 Prelude 2.0si vin questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DaveJones

Honda/Nissian Owner
New to the Forum..I have a 86 2.0si and when I try to get the engine number from the vin I cant find anything on a BB engine code. Can someone help me with this vin. I know most of the info but the engine code is a puzzle to me. I known that the second generation Prelude was released with a A18 1.8-litre 12-valve twin carburettor engine, and fuel injection was introduced in 1985, in the "Si" models. A 2-litre DOHC 16-valve PGM-FI engine in Europe and Japan, although this engine was not released until 1986. And the JDM B20A, EDM B20A1. Here is all I can find for the vin breakdown. JHMBB5231GC013158
Japan, Honda, Passenger Car, Built in Japan, ENGINE (BB), 5 speed, 2 door, 1986, Saitama, Japan, and production nr.
:confused: any help would be great.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

New to the Forum..I have a 86 2.0si and when I try to get the engine number from the vin I cant find anything on a BB engine code. Can someone help me with this vin. I know most of the info but the engine code is a puzzle to me. I known that the second generation Prelude was released with a A18 1.8-litre 12-valve twin carburettor engine, and fuel injection was introduced in 1985, in the "Si" models. A 2-litre DOHC 16-valve PGM-FI engine in Europe and Japan, although this engine was not released until 1986. And the JDM B20A, EDM B20A1. Here is all I can find for the vin breakdown. JHMBB5231GC013158
Japan, Honda, Passenger Car, Built in Japan, ENGINE (BB), 5 speed, 2 door, 1986, Saitama, Japan, and production nr.
:confused: any help would be great.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

are you trying to find out what engine you have? or an engine serial number?

the engine you have is a A20A3 2.0SI

as to a engine serial type number, i dont know

Thanks MIK99 that was what I was trying to find out.... I had pulled all the vin information from the forum but was nothing about the engine type..

dave:rolleyes:

Old thread, and not related, but there are a few. AP1 S2000 (F20c), CL7 Accord Euro R (K20 variant), EP Civic hatch (K20 variant), FA/FD Civic Si/Type R (K20 variant), and there was an accord or prelude that had a F20b vtec. I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Back