86 prelude (all motor or turbo)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaunderdog

I'm working on a 86 prelude 2.0 si (bt engine). I don't know if I should go all motor or turbo and maybe putting a nos kit

Talk money before you talk upgrades. more money, more potential.

Personally, i think you shuold go:
Turbo + minor motor uprages. aftermarket headers, maybe even find a chip for the ECU.
never use nos. it will eat your engines life expectancy.

Talk money before you talk upgrades. more money, more potential.

Personally, i think you shuold go:
Turbo + minor motor uprages. aftermarket headers, maybe even find a chip for the ECU.
never use nos. it will eat your engines life expectancy.

After-market headers with turbo? If by "after-market headers" you mean "a good quality turbo manifold", then yes, I agree. If you're just talking about a DC or Greddy header, then no. Headers like that are not compatible with turbo setups. It's one or the other. And if he's going turbo, then some kind of electronic tuning solution should be a MUST, not just an option.

NOS? Yeah, it can cut down on engine life expectancy. It somewhat depends on how much you're using, how often, and the condition of the engine.

To the OP: Are you just in love with this particular car for some reason? Honestly, I wouldn't modify it at all. We're talking about a car that's nearly a quarter of a century old here, and not one that was a popular tuner car. You're going to have a hard time finding after-market parts for it...

Back