87 civic needs a new motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwant2drivefast

I have an 87 civic 4 door auto, carborated. The motor is shot and I need a new one. Any advice would help. Is it hard to go from carb to fi. please help.

going from carb to FI is a lot of work
prob not worth it for such an old car in my opinion

scout local junk yards for a drop in replacement motor

Questions for you:
1. What trim of civic do you have (LX, DX, EX, Si)?
2. What kind of motor is in there now? The engine code should almost certainly be on the front of the block, to the left of the exhaust manifold, on a little block that juts out and is angled up at you. Wipe off the grease and you should be able to read it.
3. How much money can you reasonably spend on the whole job?
4. Are you planning on doing the whole thing yourself / what tools do you or don't you have access to?

I believe the engine is an EW? The only block on the engine with any numbers on it is on the back, which makes it a little hard to see. This car is no longer my daughters car, its mine now, so I can really spend however much it will take to make it good. I've all ready done a swap in my 93 civic so I'm pretty sure I have all the tools I need. I'm pretty sure the car is a DX, it's a 4 door automatic, no a/c, the only thing power is the steering, and brakes.

I have an 87 civic 4 door auto, carborated. The motor is shot and I need a new one. Any advice would help. Is it hard to go from carb to fi. please help.

I have the same car, my motor is gonna be shot soon (by me) if I cant figure out why it runs so bad. There is a shortage of good used engines due to the age of these cars, at least that was the opinion of the local engine importer. You can throw alot of money at your engine and rebuild it just because you can or like another feller said grab one from the junk yard. Mine is a California car and its emission equipment was designed by Dr Evil and his henchmen. It would proabably be worth the headache to change to FI to escape the 1000 headaches of the vacuum speghetti.

Anyway I'd also be interested to know if I have overlooked an option.

he hello

I have a civic from 84 en i have nou a ev2 enige in
bud i want to swap it . dus any buddy no wich enige i can juis ???

b16a1 b18a b20a ?????????????

please help me

B-series into an 84 is going to cost you in the 6-8grand range. If you want a cheap (relatively) engine swap look for 1G integras, the D16's to be exact. I dont really want to take the time to explain it furthur than that, do some research and come back.

go to this site... Faq - redpepperracing.com& they have a bunch of stuff you can do with the carbed CRX... fairly cheap too, and with the factory, motor, i dont know if anyone has already said this but ill say it anyway, i just wicked tired and didnt want to read everything, so hope it helps

Back