87 civic si at a loss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

87civicsi

ok iv got an 87 civic si ran great no smoke, dident burn oil, car over all ran good, well last night i was letting a buddy of mine drive it and he was at about 5000 rpm in second gear and went to first insted of third some kind of way well directly he pressed the clutch back in and the car died and now when you turn the key the stater just winds and wont turn the motor it wont jump off neither i have no clue what it is the timing belt is still on i pulled the valve cover the rocker arms arent loose and i pulled the plugs none were crushed im at a loss plz hheeeeelllppppp!!!!

ps. when i put it in gear and turn the key it jumps forward so that eliminates the fly wheel right

Sounds like your 'buddy' needs to help you pull the starter and look in there to see if the T/O bearing got cocked at the end and won't release back. Was the clutch pretty worn already?(adjusted up all the way?) He may have toasted it for you..
Can you shift it to any other gears including R?

E

i just put a clutch in it so dont think it would be the clutch. and also how would u do a compression test if it wont turn over and when me and my buddys where pullin home it would run as we where pullin it but when i push in the clutch it shut off

Back