87 CRX swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda Freak17

OK i would like to know what would be the a relative easy swap for an 87 CRX si that i could turbo

^$600 for mounts and alot of wiring

D16A1 from an 86-87 integra...I've got one in my 1g and it pulls like hell

Picture003-2.jpg

what about a b16
^^^If youve got a big budget than shoot for that option.

But if money is limited try a DOHC D16 it would be much cheaper to go this route.

But youve got to remember to, is that CRX's are light and it isnt going to take much to get it moving. If you go with say a DOHC D16(i believe ZC) out of an 86-89 Integra, youll get 118hp. which doesnt seem like much but put it in the lightweight CRX and its gonna go. Homemadeturbo that D16 and youll have a little rocket.

Heres some links for you about the D series swaps int your car:
NorCal CRX Club

If you want to go B16:
Rywire - Online Store
Hasport Billet Mounts

very wrong

The 86-87 D16A1 and the 1st gen ZC (browntop) are the only things you won't need extensive rewiring for

If you plan on turbo, dont waste your money on the B16. Friend of mine rebuilt his stock 87 Si motor, and boosted. He makes 200HP all day long, and that car is an absolute rocket. If you absolutely have to swap it though, I agree with these guys on the D16 from then integra, a B16 isn't really worth the trouble in the first gen's.

turbo crx

so around how much would it cost for a 89 crx to get enge swap and turbo?

Back