87 mm Bore

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Honda_Motor_Co.

:worthy: I just got my stroker kit from crower after waiting 6 months, and
i got a 2.2L displacement setup which mean i have to have an 87mm bore
this b18c1 is going to be boosted. How much boost can i run? and how thick is this sleeve?

you need your block sleeved obviously for 87mm. id call Benson to do the sleeving for you. the thickness of the sleeve does not matter as much as what kind of material the sleeve is made from. what are your goals for this setup? what CR are you going with? what size stroke did you spec the kit at 92 or 95?

Bensons Performance- (714) 241-1284

woah man. 87mm, shiat. Your going to want the best sleeve possible, and how much boost you can have will depend on the quality of your sleeve. That is a huge bore.

Personally I would not boost an 87mm bore. (I woulnd't even run NA with an 87mm bore) Your cylinder walls are going to be really thin.

:roll: its setup to have 95mm stroke i have the block sleeve with golden eagle sleeves I have read they do the best resleeving so i sent my block to them a month ago i got some special forced induction sleeves with high strength nodular ductile iron sleeves capable of withstanding 700+ horsepower. i just need anwser from other people to see if its safe!!

:spin: <_<

:eek: I dont have the block right now the engine is getting assembled.
I heard the sleeve would be aroud 1mm thick but how is that possible, look i have a T4 from turbonectics with low compression pistons. If i run over 15lbs this thing could blow with a 1mm thick bore...!
I need some expert opinions pls PLS!!!! :spin:

Did you say you have golden eagle sleeves? What bore did you get from them? I wouldn't worry about their sleeves, they fucking rock(provided you purchased the "Goldzilla" sleeves)! If you use a 9:1 or 8.8:1 compression ratio, your effective compression won't be so high that you have to worry about your cylinder walls... You will just have to watch your boost.....

:puke2: The stroker kit that i got from crower is setup like this im suppose to have an 87mm bore and a 95mm stroke. Yes i got golden eagle sleeves.
i want about 550 to 600 horses every little engine part is changed so 15 psi should get me there ( i heard it would shoot right past 550whp)

www.goldeneaglemfg.com is how i found out about em.

My engine setup: Dart GSR head, low overlap cams, titanium valves and retainers, crower cam gears, unorthodox pulley system ( water dosent run on belt its electric also no power steering and no a.c) dry sump oil setup.
Valves are slightly bigger than stock valves, billet rods. total displacement is
2.26 liters. Engine ECU is AEM Stand Alone
Turbo setup is turbonectics T4 HKS SSQ and HKS GT Waste Gate
Spearco intercooler.

Need ignition and axles and i need to start doing the interior

I need more money to finish the car.
And this 95 civic coupe is a street car.

sounds like a nice setup, but I still would have reccomended an 85mm bore. There is no telling what is safe at 87

:eek: alright then i wont worry if golden eagle sleeves are suppose to be #1 :beer: i wont worry about breaking my engine if it dose break im gonna save up to get darts honda gsr block ill have it bored out to 84 mm :wall:

Stock B series motors other than the B20 should be 84mm..... I would go to an 85mm like other have said on here.....

with 84mm you can get a 2.1 liter diplacement. LoL but i still got to see if the 87 mm bore would work before i get a new sleeve and block. If it blows Ill buy the dart GSR Block, it has larger water jackets so the maximun bore can be up to 86.
I have to break in my 87mm bored out engine first and see what happens.
if it blows ill never think about boring that big again

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.@Nov 10 2003, 04:41 PM
:eek: alright then i wont worry if golden eagle sleeves are suppose to be #1 :beer: i wont worry about breaking my engine if it dose break im gonna save up to get darts honda gsr block ill have it bored out to 84 mm :wall:

they are #1 to some, but not all people. they had problems with their sleeves sinking, but supposedly have corrected that issue. the GE godzilla sleeves wont crack unless you boost like 30psi or somthing rediculous like that at 87mm. i would go with a 9.5:1 CR, either JE or Wiseco. youre not running this on pump gas i hope?

Hmm. I still wouldn't boost on 87mm bore in a B block... that's getting really thin. I don't care what kind of material you're running for the sleeve walls- running paper thin in between the cylinders with that much pressure gets pretty scary. Your head gasket isn't going to like it either- think about the tiny little strip that's going to have to seal between your cylinders.

:wtf: its on pump gas no race fuel . (93 oct only) dont you have to be at a C.R of 13 to be worring about anything? Yeah i could use the an octane booster or something. :werd: Ill bring the good news if the bore works out fine.

:roll: :eek: BAD NEWS Golden eagle just emailed me and said do not assemble and start that engine the Bore is too big for turbo. For turbo should go no bigger then 85.5mm and with 87mm head gasket will not have enough room to seal.

So i just Lost a SHit Load of money i have to get rid of the crank and i have to buy new sleeves and crank to fit an 85 mm bore. :unsure:

:roll: LoL crank and sleeve costed me around 4,000 :axe: i can make that up in a month or two :chair: :puke2: :walk: great now i gotta use moms car and use my brothers excrusion i kinda like that SUV :beer:

Originally posted by Blanco+Nov 10 2003, 08:35 PM-->
Honda_Motor_Co.
@Nov 10 2003, 07:17 PM
:roll: :eek: BAD NEWS Golden eagle just emailed me and said do not assemble and start that engine the Bore is too big for turbo. For turbo should go no bigger then 85.5mm and with 87mm head gasket will not have enough room to seal.

So i just Lost a SHit Load of money i have to get rid of the crank and i have to buy new sleeves and crank to fit an 85 mm bore. :unsure:

Well, at least you didn't find out by blowing the engine up, first. Just sell what you can't use and buy what you can.

:werd:

The combination of:

1. Sleeve walls that thin
2. Head gasket not able to handle the abuse
3. Excessive side loading from stroking without increasing rod length significantly
4. Large amounts of power from a turbo setup

Would probably have your engine blown up after you stood on the gas a few times.

Back