87 Zc in a 89 Hatch Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yspeed

I have a 87 Zc in 89 Hatch Si I have the Si Tanny,Flywheel and clutch.The Car just doesn't want to turn over the starter just clicks. and my Gauges turn off and the car goes dead.I don't think it's the battery because I have had it charged and then I tried to boost it and that didn't work. What can I do to make it turn over?

Thanx for the help
Matt,

Originally posted by Yspeed@Oct 13 2004, 07:49 PM
I have a 87 Zc in 89 Hatch Si I have the Si Tanny,Flywheel and clutch.The Car just doesn't want to turn over the starter just clicks. and my Gauges turn off and the car goes dead.I don't think it's the battery because I have had it charged and then I tried to boost it and that didn't work. What can I do to make it turn over?

Thanx for the help
Matt,
[post=402325]Quoted post[/post]​

did your try to jump start it yet??

check your fuses and make sure they are all cool

starter teeth may have become stuck in the flywheels, check that out!

Ya I did try to jump start it and it just clicked, I don't know what else to do?

Thanx for the help! :worthy:

Originally posted by Yspeed@Oct 14 2004, 08:49 PM
Ya I did try to jump start it and it just clicked, I don't know what else to do?

Thanx for the help! :worthy:
[post=402731]Quoted post[/post]​

check all your grounds and make sure your gounded good, if that dosent work take ytour battery to autozne or something and theyl test it for free, if thats good tryreplacing the starter, but i ould check to make sure te stater isnt just stuck or that you just popped a fuse, check the main relay and so forth.

I got the starter spining and thanx it was a bad ground, But now it's just not spining the flywheel and it's not a bad starter, because when I took it out it was spining and coming out. I don't see why it's not spining the flywheel.And I know the width from the starter to the flywheel are good. What could it be thanx for the help.

Matt

Back