88-89 integra D16 to ZC swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

r351gts

ok already read the swap info. no real help.
allot on th civic swaps for this engine.
looking for info on where to get the zc's intermediate shaft and what trans fits correctly without having to jury rig the acura trans so the starter is properly secured.
know have to use the acura intake and throttle body. the front drivers mount fits ok. trans ???? and rear mount has to be modified.
i picked up the ZC cheap hoping for a direct swap. no such animal for the first gen acuras. no zc trans with engine:eek:

well heres the latest news on the swap. got the honda swap book from motors. found out that if i had found a brown top ZC engine it would be a direct fit. but this one is a black top. heres how i got it to work.
using a 88 integra trans. drilled the lower starter mount out. tapped it and placed an insert in. now i have 2 bolts holding the starter. as for the stock integra mounts. modified the drivers side and rear mount, found a civic CRX short shaft mount that fit from a 1.6 88-91 and fit it to the integra shaft. used the integra intake and electricals. engine fit correctly and runs fine. the only issue was the drivers front mount. had to make a mount that would fit the 3 studs on the front of the ZC engine. had a machine shop make it for me. it looks like a smaller version of the stock mount. and has a shims built for the correct offset. so now i have a running ZC engine in a car that was never ment to have this engine

Back