88-91 B16a Thermoswitch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91b16sedan

Which thermoswitch do i nee cause mine is broken i think it is also known as the auxillary fan switch

thats a good question,cuz i ordered a spoon thermoswitch from inlinefour for my jdmb16 and when i got it it was the wrong size,so you should find out somehow and when you do can you let me know?

Originally posted by kingwilly@Jun 12 2003, 08:51 PM
i ordered a spoon thermoswitch from inlinefour for my jdmb16 and when i got it it was the wrong size,

Shouldn't have been, if it was for a B16A, I'm pretty sure the housing for the thermostat and all the parts are the same. Anyway I just used an OEM one.

on the box under model it says ek9/all models i think i dunno what that would mean but its a larger diameter sensor then the one i got in there right now..ill trade it for a jdmb16 one

i know the spoon thermoswitch is made for 92 + b-series motors and inline four told me it does not fit the b16a, i talked it over with some mechanics i know at a local honda/acura dealership and i have looked at many engine diagrams and we have come to the conclusion that the switch from a 1991 integra ls/rs/gs b18a1 can be used. The thermoswitch is located in the same place which is the left side of the engine block and they are the same size and the connector is the same so i ordered one and i should have it in a day or two i will confirm if it is the right one.

it was already stated in this thread that the spoon thermo switch does not fit on the b16a it is for newer versions of the b-series motors

Originally posted by 91b16sedan@Jun 13 2003, 11:57 PM
it was already stated in this thread that the spoon thermo switch does not fit on the b16a it is for newer versions of the b-series motors

No it is the same. 1st gen, 2nd gen, they didn't resize the thermostat, housing, fitting or whatever.

well it is not located on the thermostat housing, the switch is located on the left front side of the block i do believe there is a difference. I talked to the guys and inlinefour and they told me there was a difference and when i put my new one on from the 91 b18a1 it fit and i looked at the one made for the newer del sols and they where different.

ya there is a difference and that sucks cuz i wanted to put an aftermarket thermoswitch into my jdm B16A now i dont think there is one..if someone does make one can you guys let me know?

Back